Wiring Diagram

User avatar
Nad786GP
Cadet
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 2dr L
Membership No: missing
Location: Boksburg
Contact:

Wiring Diagram

Postby Nad786GP » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 am

Not sure where to post this so Im tryin here. I need sum help. im lookin for a complete wiring diagram for a mk1 golf. 1979 1100. Help please. :crazy:
2dr Mk1 L Backyard Special
Current-1979 2dr 1.1 now 1.8 16vT

Ex-1978 2dr 1.8 16v cover car vdub July08
Image
Ex-1978 2dr 1.8 16v-wrote off
Image
Ex-1989 mk2 1.8 csx with Gti inspiration

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 am

Nad786GP wrote:Not sure where to post this so Im tryin here. I need sum help. im lookin for a complete wiring diagram for a mk1 golf. 1979 1100. Help please. :crazy:


Good luck, please let me know if you find one! I have been looking for the last few months but no luck, I can not even get a fuse / relay layout.

Mine's wiring is still very good, I just need to sort the hooter. You can come and check on mine if you want.

What's the problem?

The wiring is more similar to the same time beetle / Polo Mk1 than any thing else.
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

User avatar
Velofox
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4427
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:23 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '94 FoxT 2.0 16v'
Membership No: 1314
Location: The Land of Milk and Honey...
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby Velofox » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 am

porno_ster wrote:
Nad786GP wrote:Not sure where to post this so Im tryin here. I need sum help. im lookin for a complete wiring diagram for a mk1 golf. 1979 1100. Help please. :crazy:


Good luck, please let me know if you find one! I have been looking for the last few months but no luck, I can not even get a fuse / relay layout.

Mine's wiring is still very good, I just need to sort the hooter. You can come and check on mine if you want.

What's the problem?

The wiring is more similar to the same time beetle / Polo Mk1 than any thing else.


whats wrong with your hooter?
Current Rides
1994 2.0 16v FoxT - Lexy
1998 2.0 8v Mk3 GTI - Liesy

My Inspiration
16vT Engine Pics

Image Image Image Image

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:56 am

Velofox wrote:
porno_ster wrote:
Nad786GP wrote:Not sure where to post this so Im tryin here. I need sum help. im lookin for a complete wiring diagram for a mk1 golf. 1979 1100. Help please. :crazy:


Good luck, please let me know if you find one! I have been looking for the last few months but no luck, I can not even get a fuse / relay layout.

Mine's wiring is still very good, I just need to sort the hooter. You can come and check on mine if you want.

What's the problem?

The wiring is more similar to the same time beetle / Polo Mk1 than any thing else.


whats wrong with your hooter?


Out of order...I can not get it to work and thought it might be a relay. I do not just yet want to pull the wiring apart as it is still original. I checked all the fusues and they are all sharp! I pulled one relay and took it to VW, they quoted me R500! Luckily it was the rear window wiper one and not the hooter.

It's kinda hard driving in JHB without a hooter!

This is all I could find (large for better viewing):

Image

Image
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

User avatar
RoadHaWg
VWCSA Member
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:04 pm
Membership No: 731
Location: Joburg
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby RoadHaWg » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 am

There'r those full wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, but they make absolutely NO sense whatsoever to me!
Stuart
2006 Jeep Wrangler "Sarge"
1966 Splitty.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure
No Mk1 ;(
"We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. So we build VDubs son..."

"Owning a MK1 varies between having sex to getting hit in the balls. Usually several times in one day."

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 am

RoadHaWg wrote:There'r those full wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, but they make absolutely NO sense whatsoever to me!


Went to look at the Haynes manual for my Golf on Sat, it's got a different fuse box. There is one pic of the right one, but they only say "Fuse box on earlier models"...
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

User avatar
RoadHaWg
VWCSA Member
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:04 pm
Membership No: 731
Location: Joburg
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby RoadHaWg » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 am

porno_ster wrote:
RoadHaWg wrote:There'r those full wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual, but they make absolutely NO sense whatsoever to me!


Went to look at the Haynes manual for my Golf on Sat, it's got a different fuse box. There is one pic of the right one, but they only say "Fuse box on earlier models"...



Ya man. Flipping haynes manual.

Yopu sit with something in a Million pieces wondering how to put it together. Go consult the haynes and all it says is "Refitting is the opposite of removal! :bang: :bang:
Stuart
2006 Jeep Wrangler "Sarge"
1966 Splitty.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure
No Mk1 ;(
"We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. So we build VDubs son..."

"Owning a MK1 varies between having sex to getting hit in the balls. Usually several times in one day."

User avatar
Nad786GP
Cadet
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 am
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 2dr L
Membership No: missing
Location: Boksburg
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby Nad786GP » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanx man. will see if that diagrams can help.
2dr Mk1 L Backyard Special
Current-1979 2dr 1.1 now 1.8 16vT

Ex-1978 2dr 1.8 16v cover car vdub July08
Image
Ex-1978 2dr 1.8 16v-wrote off
Image
Ex-1989 mk2 1.8 csx with Gti inspiration

kevincti.
Cadet
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:29 pm
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 2004 golf Gti R
Membership No: missing
Location: Empangeni
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby kevincti. » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:53 pm

pm sent

maranou
Cadet
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: West coast Vredenburg
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby maranou » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:19 pm

nad 786 gp and porno ster pm me your email and i will send the vw diagrams/files i have from a 83 rabbit mk1

a sample


Image
Image
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72987
With good advice and bad spelling.
Golf 2l16vT 320kw 520nm
1/4mile @ 12.2 kilarney 2011
800m @ 233km/h

User avatar
Tdi03
Cadet
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:13 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2010 scirocco 2.0t sportline
Membership No: 1242
Location: Boland,Malmesbury
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby Tdi03 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:02 pm

@ porno_ster. there is a conversion that are done on the golf 1 hooter. there are two wires coming from the loom to the hooter. try find out what one gives the earth when you press the horn. then conect that one to the horn. get another wire wired up from the other terminal to the positive on the battery.
hope it helps.
2010 Roc sportline 2.0 tsi
Stock

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:02 am

maranou wrote:nad 786 gp and porno ster pm me your email and i will send the vw diagrams/files i have from a 83 rabbit mk1

a sample


Hi,

Thanks. I also have the '83 one, but it is different to the pre '80 ones. Check pic above.
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 am

Tdi03 wrote:@ porno_ster. there is a conversion that are done on the golf 1 hooter. there are two wires coming from the loom to the hooter. try find out what one gives the earth when you press the horn. then conect that one to the horn. get another wire wired up from the other terminal to the positive on the battery.
hope it helps.


Hi,

Are you saying it has permanent +12v and switched -12v?
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

kevincti.
Cadet
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:29 pm
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 2004 golf Gti R
Membership No: missing
Location: Empangeni
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby kevincti. » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:28 am

guys i got some diagrams but its in pdf. its the whole cars wiring layout . pm me your email if interested

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:33 am

kevincti. wrote:guys i got some diagrams but its in pdf. its the whole cars wiring layout . pm me your email if interested


For which car(s)?
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

kevincti.
Cadet
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:29 pm
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 2004 golf Gti R
Membership No: missing
Location: Empangeni
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby kevincti. » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:52 am

im not sure but its for the old golf, maybe 2 door.

User avatar
Tdi03
Cadet
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:13 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2010 scirocco 2.0t sportline
Membership No: 1242
Location: Boland,Malmesbury
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby Tdi03 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:07 pm

porno_ster wrote:
Tdi03 wrote:@ porno_ster. there is a conversion that are done on the golf 1 hooter. there are two wires coming from the loom to the hooter. try find out what one gives the earth when you press the horn. then conect that one to the horn. get another wire wired up from the other terminal to the positive on the battery.
hope it helps.


Hi,

Are you saying it has permanent +12v and switched -12v?


That is not how it came from the factory, from the factory (iirc) both wire have positive on and when you press the horn it pulse a negative on one wire. so the horn does'nt work while the key is out of the ignition.
porno_ster wrote:Are you saying it has permanent +12v and switched -12v?

If you do the conversion it will basicly work like that, but will also work if the key is out offf the ignition
2010 Roc sportline 2.0 tsi
Stock

User avatar
porno_ster
Enlisted
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm
Membership No: missing
Location: 7de Laan
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby porno_ster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Tdi03 wrote:
porno_ster wrote:
Tdi03 wrote:@ porno_ster. there is a conversion that are done on the golf 1 hooter. there are two wires coming from the loom to the hooter. try find out what one gives the earth when you press the horn. then conect that one to the horn. get another wire wired up from the other terminal to the positive on the battery.
hope it helps.


Hi,

Are you saying it has permanent +12v and switched -12v?


That is not how it came from the factory, from the factory (iirc) both wire have positive on and when you press the horn it pulse a negative on one wire. so the horn does'nt work while the key is out of the ignition.
porno_ster wrote:Are you saying it has permanent +12v and switched -12v?

If you do the conversion it will basicly work like that, but will also work if the key is out offf the ignition


Cool, thanks. I'll check.
His: '14 Amarok 2.0TSi, '05 WRX STi, '98 356 Speedster Rep, '76 Dodge D100 383, '79 Golf LS, '74 Datsun ute
Hers: '10 Mitsubishi Outlander

abf16v
Enlisted
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby abf16v » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

hi< I am wondering if you can help me....I am a new member to your fourm and i am looking for a 2004 - 2007 citi golf wiring diagram and wondering if you can help.....thank you

User avatar
2l 16valve
Cadet
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm
Car Make: Opel
Car Model: Corsa GSi
Membership No: missing
Location: JHB's Westrand
Contact:

Re: Wiring Diagram

Postby 2l 16valve » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:33 pm

I know this is old but i really need a wiring diagram for my gt, the fuse box doesnt look like the one porno_ster posted
Current:
2003 Opel Astra GSi
1982 Golf GT
EX:
2000 Opel Corsa GSi - 2.0l 16v
2006 Chev Aveo 1.5 - Stock Standard
1995 Opel Kadett 200t S - stock except lowering springs
1997 Opel Corsa 130iE - 70/40mm drop, corsa gsi mags, Viper f/f & exhaust.
1989 Opel Kadett 160GSE - Stock Standard

Return to “General Tech Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests