Dartanian
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta 4 1.9Tdi

Jetta 4 diesel pump advice

Post by Dartanian »

Hi guys.
I'm looking for some advice on a diesel pump upgrade.
I'm running the Ahf motor with a slightly bigger turbo, but now the lag is so bad it shuts the motor off. Due to the pump not giving enough fuel. The actuator has been turned down a lot. Now it drives nice. Maybe you guys know of an Audi or Beetle that might have used a bigger pump.

Thanks in advance.
Dar
3.3L per 100km :troll:
What more do you want
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Jetta 4 diesel pump advice

Post by Ashveer03 »

I don't think it's quite possible for lag to shut off an engine. Esp on a diesel, it will diesel knock like crazy if it's very bad. U may have another issue.

Unless u mixed up the turbo vacuum line with the anti shudder valve.

Just so everybody is on the same page, what's the original turbo and what turbo did u fit?

Is the original a wastegated turbo and u fitted a vnt?

Sent from my CPH2371 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dartanian
Enlisted

Post by Dartanian »

Hi
I can't really say what the original turbo was. It's an import motor, but I'm currently running the GT1756 Hybrid.
I have a mechanical diesel pump in and the tuner at the time suggested a fueling issue. Think it's a waste gated turbo.
Strangest thing is my car don't leave a black exhaust line on the floor as it used to when driving.
What more do you want
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Well if there isn't enough fuel there's not gonna be any black smoke.

Again fueling is dependent on how much air enters the engine, If the maf is reading incorrectly it's not gonna give u fuel or boost.

And on the vnt turbos, u don't adjust boost levels by adjusting the actuator, u just messed up the settings of the turbo by doing that.

First thing I would recommend is verify vacuum pipes. The only thing that makes sense of the engine shutting off when trying to get into boost is the turbo actuator line is swapped with the asv. So as soon as the n75 requests boost, it's closing the asv instead of operating the actuator.

Once that is confirmed then u can look into fueling. Maf sensors give issues now and again, unplug it and check if it drives better.

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Dartanian
Enlisted

Post by Dartanian »

Thanks brother. Much appreciated. Starting with the Maf. They did mention it could be faulty.

Thanks
What more do you want
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Next time when revising the software, get the tuner to delete the maf. One less thing to worry about it.