Golf7 R vs Golf7 Gti battery

Dale
Lieutenant
Registered for: 21 years 8 months

Golf7 R vs Golf7 Gti battery

Post by Dale »

I need some info on battrickery.

I have disabled the start stop function on the 7R. Logic in the battery world tells me that I dont need all the CCAs that a Start stop function requires having it enabled hence going normal Gti battery.

Thus, I want to install a 7 Gti battery which is cheaper because the car will not switch off again when stopping etc. If there is no saving a few bucks difference between the two then just get the start stop battery.

Any suggestions from the battery gurus? Will I run into any issues doing this?

Many thanks!
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Re: Golf7 R vs Golf7 Gti battery

Post by Neuk »

I wouldn't think that CCA is that important for stop/start, what is more important is the type of battery like AGM or the capacity of the battery in Ah.
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by mk2-phreak »

Yeah the battery capacity (ah) is important, but the CCA is also important for cold weather starts. Just because you can get away with a cheaper battery, doesn't mean you won't run into issues during winter
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Dale wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:28 am I need some info on battrickery.

I have disabled the start stop function on the 7R. Logic in the battery world tells me that I dont need all the CCAs that a Start stop function requires having it enabled hence going normal Gti battery.

Thus, I want to install a 7 Gti battery which is cheaper because the car will not switch off again when stopping etc. If there is no saving a few bucks difference between the two then just get the start stop battery.

Any suggestions from the battery gurus? Will I run into any issues doing this?

Many thanks!
I am curious to know, what is the price difference between the two batteries?
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.