Hi there

Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
StanDaMan
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 months

Hi there

Post by StanDaMan »

Hi guys
Been pirate reading on here for a while.
Recently sold my Hilux to pump some cash into my business. With the rest i bought a 2007 1.6 carb caddy bakkie for work.
Spent money today to get rid of the drop and found that the cvs are moertoe....ag well
Now i dont know if its coming from a vehicle that made 3x the power but this thing feels slow.
Just got it a couple of days ago so i am yet to service it, but if i remember correctly my 1.4 carb of the same era reved faster....
Dont want to spend bucks to make it faster yet. It first has to make me money...but surely the 1.6 shiuld be better than this
Anyway
Thanks for having me
Stan
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 6 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Re: Hi there

Post by Neuk »

Welcome and enjoy the forum :wink:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
mpardenVW
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 months

Post by mpardenVW »

Hey VWClub SA,

I'm Michael, and I'm thrilled to be a part of this vibrant community of Volkswagen enthusiasts. I'm based in beautiful Cape Town, and I've recently become the proud owner of a 2007 Golf Mk5 2.0L DSG. I'm excited to embark on a journey to give my ride a unique and personal touch, and I'm here to seek inspiration and share ideas with all of you.

While my Golf Mk5 is already a fantastic car, I believe there's always room for a bit of "sproodching" to make it stand out even more. I'm particularly interested in exploring modifications for both the exterior and interior. Whether it's enhancing the performance, adding aesthetic upgrades, or fine-tuning the details, I'm eager to learn and collaborate with fellow enthusiasts who have experience and knowledge in this domain.

If you have any suggestions, recommendations, or if you'd like to share your own experiences with modding Golf Mk5s, please feel free to reach out. Let's exchange ideas, tips, and advice as we embark on this exciting journey of taking our beloved VWs to the next level.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and sharing the progress of my Mk5 transformation!
Zarqa69
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 months

Post by Zarqa69 »

Well hello guys im nasim from middle of nowhere
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 8 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »