DaveF
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf MK3 GS

Replacement Accelerator Cable

Post by DaveF »

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to release the firewall connection point so as to be able to replace the accelerator cable on a 1993 Golf 3 GS?
It has an arrow pointing back printed on it.
I once owned a 1992 Golf MK2 CSL named "Wendy". She was like new, big bumpers and all. I looked after her, I got her JUST perfect then some thugs stole her right out of my driveway. I never saw her again. The End.
DaveF
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf MK3 GS

Re: Replacement Accelerator Cable

Post by DaveF »

DaveF wrote:Hi all,
Does anyone know how to release the firewall connection point so as to be able to replace the accelerator cable on a 1993 Golf 3 GS?
It has an arrow pointing back printed on it.
Hi,
I was supplied with a replacement accelerator cable supposedly suitable for a 1.6 carb motor Golf 3 but it seems incredibly short compared to the original cable. Does anyone know of a supplier who might stock cables more suitable because I can't see how this short cable is going to work.

Also, my first question regarding replacing the cable still stands. I can release the cable on the carb side but where it goes into the firewall (at the other end) seems to be problematic. I cannot seem to release it at that point. It is a fairly large part with an arrow on it pointing towards the firewall. There is also a rubber grommet behind that which I assume prevents any dirt getting into that area.
Does anyone know how to release that part from the firewall?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

I once owned a 1992 Golf MK2 CSL named "Wendy". She was like new, big bumpers and all. I looked after her, I got her JUST perfect then some thugs stole her right out of my driveway. I never saw her again. The End.