Speaker set up in a Quantum

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
n.gov3
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years

Speaker set up in a Quantum

Post by n.gov3 »

Hi Guys

I'm really not in the loop on car audio systems as I haven't being following anything for years now. Also not a fan of window vibrating set ups however I've had a Toyota quantum for several years now and I'm looking at upgrading the complete audio set up to something of good quality.

Plan is to install a 12 inch sub, double din head unit, mids to replace the factory speakers and will eventually install a DVD screen.

This is the recommendation from an audio shop:

Dvc pioneer 1600W dvc
Superwood slimlong box
4 channel 8500W Targa Scamp
Kenwood DDX 419 BTM
2 boxes of JBL Club mids

What are your thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Speaker set up in a Quantum

Post by Jetta2 »

First thing I would do in any van, is sound deadening. Lots of it...
First thing I did in the Caddy was sound deaden the entire floor, sides, and roof before I did the audio.

The thing with any van, does not matter if it is a Quantum or a fully loaded Vito, is that they have such huge panels that will kill any sort of decent sound quality if sound deadening is not done.
I have heard way too many vans with pretty decent spec sound systems, but they sound crap because almost no sound deadening was done. Most people just deaden the front doors, and that helps zero in my opinion.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
n.gov3
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years

Re: Speaker set up in a Quantum

Post by n.gov3 »

Jetta2 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:40 pm First thing I would do in any van, is sound deadening. Lots of it...
First thing I did in the Caddy was sound deaden the entire floor, sides, and roof before I did the audio.

The thing with any van, does not matter if it is a Quantum or a fully loaded Vito, is that they have such huge panels that will kill any sort of decent sound quality if sound deadening is not done.
I have heard way too many vans with pretty decent spec sound systems, but they sound crap because almost no sound deadening was done. Most people just deaden the front doors, and that helps zero in my opinion.
Thanks Jetta2.... Will definitely do this.
What are your thoughts on the speaker and amp being recommended?