dicktator tuning

golf dicktator
Enlisted

dicktator tuning

Post by golf dicktator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm

hi guys im new to the forum dont realy know how it works hear im a big fan of panic read allot of him on the net so im struggling with my dicktator the car hat n flat spot when i press the accelerater to fast and when i drive and change gears i have to press accelerator first to get my refs up abit and let go of clutch and the car gets too much feul can smell it at the back of car i dont know how to tune dicktator i know how to conect my laptop and some basics but i dont wane mess it up to much hope any one can maybe help me with an 1.8 8v golf mk1 map or pics so i can get my values correct befor i go for a dyno tune its got the std cam on no mods to the car everything is std thanks in advance
PapaJo
Colonel
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing

Re: dicktator tuning

Post by PapaJo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Contact panic and make a booking and he will sort the tuning out for you.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:48 pm

hi papajo im from western cape in riversdale so i cant get the car to him if i can get a map or pics to get my feul map and ignition map correct it will be a big help for me
PapaJo
Colonel

Post by PapaJo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 pm

golf dicktator wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:48 pm
hi papajo im from western cape in riversdale so i cant get the car to him if i can get a map or pics to get my feul map and ignition map correct it will be a big help for me
Search in your area for a tuner closer to you. Ferrolli might be the closest to you.
PapaJo
Colonel

Post by PapaJo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:34 pm

golf dicktator wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm
hi guys im new to the forum dont realy know how it works hear im a big fan of panic read allot of him on the net so im struggling with my dicktator the car hat n flat spot when i press the accelerater to fast and when i drive and change gears i have to press accelerator first to get my refs up abit and let go of clutch and the car gets too much feul can smell it at the back of car i dont know how to tune dicktator i know how to conect my laptop and some basics but i dont wane mess it up to much hope any one can maybe help me with an 1.8 8v golf mk1 map or pics so i can get my values correct befor i go for a dyno tune its got the std cam on no mods to the car everything is std thanks in advance
Download the basic instructions guide from Dicktator website and study that first. Once you have a better understanding how to do the basic setup and trim of fueling, it will be easier to guide you to reduce fueling.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 pm

it's not a simple case of sending you a map. You have to get it tuned for that setup and your altitude so contact Kosie swanepoel or ferroli to get it tuned.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:17 pm

hi guys i got the car so i can drive now with it but wen i press the accelerater fast it dips befor it ref up and wen i let go to fast of the accelerater it dies so thanks for the advice papa jo still trying to learn how it works i got a map from a friend so thats why i can drive now reloaded his map so nu it just needs to be tuned dont know when cos im going to take the motor out to fit new std crank in so after that im ready for the dyno the cost in george is R1800 for a dyno how muct is yours
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:17 pm

hi guys i got the car so i can drive now with it but wen i press the accelerater fast it dips befor it ref up and wen i let go to fast of the accelerater it dies so thanks for the advice papa jo still trying to learn how it works i got a map from a friend so thats why i can drive now reloaded his map so nu it just needs to be tuned dont know when cos im going to take the motor out to fit new std crank in so after that im ready for the dyno the cost in george is R1800 for a dyno how muct is yours
Donavan
Lieutenant

Post by Donavan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:11 am

R1800 !!!

Shop around abit, that seems abit expensive just for a tune.
Audi A4 B8 2.0T - Daily
Audi A3 8L 2.0T 20V - Race Car - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=205201
EX: Mk 1 2 Door - 2L 16V Turbo
PapaJo
Colonel

Post by PapaJo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:48 pm

@ golf dicktator, don’t go driving it like you stole it until you have it tuned properly as panic suggested.

Prices for tuning vary from tuner to tuner and also area where they are. Shop around like Donovan said. If none other available in your area, that is what you have to pay.