My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

175SBU
Cadet
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:25 pm
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi
Location: Johannesburg

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 175SBU » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am

PapaJo wrote:
175SBU wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am
162life-WP wrote:LmimcImagemy cat is driving and I had lots of help but bru... I'll tell u there were still those days for me as well heyImageits all part of the game, I was lucky to have friends with common interests otherwise I'd be taking train to work probably. My best advice is to ditch the mp9 system and go aftermarket management as it will be alot easier to tune and get up n going. It's really very simple to get going honestly. Just follow this map and u should be winning.... With management ofcourseImageImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
How much am i looking at for a standard dictator?
I think i will start a thread, removing mp9 computer box. If it works i will use the 5litres to fill the tank.Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are looking around R3k for a new one. Enquire at Dicktator or one of their distributors/sellers close to you. Remember there is always some extras needed too.
Thanks Papajo, what extras am i looking at?

Current setup is:

Jetta MK II 8v, was Kjet converted to MP9
Standard Petrol pump
3 Pin coil

Not sure if i am missing something from current setup.

Let me search for link for my conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
PapaJo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4225
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by PapaJo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 pm

175SBU wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am
PapaJo wrote:
175SBU wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am
162life-WP wrote:LmimcImagemy cat is driving and I had lots of help but bru... I'll tell u there were still those days for me as well heyImageits all part of the game, I was lucky to have friends with common interests otherwise I'd be taking train to work probably. My best advice is to ditch the mp9 system and go aftermarket management as it will be alot easier to tune and get up n going. It's really very simple to get going honestly. Just follow this map and u should be winning.... With management ofcourseImageImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
How much am i looking at for a standard dictator?
I think i will start a thread, removing mp9 computer box. If it works i will use the 5litres to fill the tank.Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are looking around R3k for a new one. Enquire at Dicktator or one of their distributors/sellers close to you. Remember there is always some extras needed too.
Thanks Papajo, what extras am i looking at?

Current setup is:

Jetta MK II 8v, was Kjet converted to MP9
Standard Petrol pump
3 Pin coil

Not sure if i am missing something from current setup.

Let me search for link for my conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is always some fittings or connectors or a TP100 or small commodity items needed. You are already on the right track already with the MP9 conversion abd should need minimum extra items.

Let’s ask 162life-WP for a list if things he had to get to get the conversion done.
User avatar
162life-WP
Cadet
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life
Location: Cape Town

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm

PapaJo wrote:
175SBU wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am
PapaJo wrote:
175SBU wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am
How much am i looking at for a standard dictator?
I think i will start a thread, removing mp9 computer box. If it works i will use the 5litres to fill the tank.Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are looking around R3k for a new one. Enquire at Dicktator or one of their distributors/sellers close to you. Remember there is always some extras needed too.
Thanks Papajo, what extras am i looking at?

Current setup is:

Jetta MK II 8v, was Kjet converted to MP9
Standard Petrol pump
3 Pin coil

Not sure if i am missing something from current setup.

Let me search for link for my conversation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is always some fittings or connectors or a TP100 or small commodity items needed. You are already on the right track already with the MP9 conversion abd should need minimum extra items.

Let’s ask 162life-WP for a list if things he had to get to get the conversion done.
No need to ask. U can just read the thread. I've been as transparent as I can be. This isn't a competition to me, wherever I can help people to succeed I will whether they are faster or better or know more or not.if there's anything f else u want to know u are more than welcome to ask bud, I don't know much about the mk2 platform as this 16v was my 1st ever build, bought at Mike's and fitted the same weekend. If u already have the mp9 system with ecu and loom then u could go that route I suppose. Although it depends on which mp9 system u have I guess. Best start a thread and let the professionals assist u bru, I'm ma only a luck tryer who managed to succeed on the 1st attempt lmaoImage🤣

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

175SBU
Cadet
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:25 pm
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi
Location: Johannesburg

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 175SBU » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

I’m going start a new thread so as not to hijack yours


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
162life-WP
Cadet
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life
Location: Cape Town

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm

175SBU wrote:I’m going start a new thread so as not to hijack yours Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not really phased bout that bro, I just want to u to get the best possible help u can get

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

175SBU
Cadet
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:25 pm
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi
Location: Johannesburg

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 175SBU » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

162life-WP wrote:
175SBU wrote:I’m going start a new thread so as not to hijack yours Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not really phased bout that bro, I just want to u to get the best possible help u can get

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Awe! Image

Not hijacking threads is good practice, lets keep this to your good work done and motivational Image what you have done has motivated me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
162life-WP
Cadet
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life
Location: Cape Town

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm

175SBU wrote:
162life-WP wrote:
175SBU wrote:I’m going start a new thread so as not to hijack yours Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not really phased bout that bro, I just want to u to get the best possible help u can get

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Awe! Image

Not hijacking threads is good practice, lets keep this to your good work done and motivational Image what you have done has motivated me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol then I've done SOMETHING right then Imagethanx buddyImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
PapaJo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4225
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by PapaJo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:51 pm

162life-WP wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm
175SBU wrote:
162life-WP wrote:
175SBU wrote:I’m going start a new thread so as not to hijack yours Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not really phased bout that bro, I just want to u to get the best possible help u can get

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Awe! Image

Not hijacking threads is good practice, lets keep this to your good work done and motivational Image what you have done has motivated me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol then I've done SOMETHING right then Imagethanx buddyImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yes, you have done well for a first attemp.
User avatar
162life-WP
Cadet
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life
Location: Cape Town

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm

PapaJo wrote:
162life-WP wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm
175SBU wrote:
162life-WP wrote:I'm not really phased bout that bro, I just want to u to get the best possible help u can get

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Awe! Image

Not hijacking threads is good practice, lets keep this to your good work done and motivational Image what you have done has motivated me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol then I've done SOMETHING right then Imagethanx buddyImage

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yes, you have done well for a first attemp.
Far from complete but sincerely appreciated Image

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
162life-WP
Cadet
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 Life
Location: Cape Town

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by 162life-WP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

PapaJo wrote:
162life-WP wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am
PapaJo wrote:
PapaJo wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 pm
Rather upload to you tube and then post the link here
Manage to see your video now on tapatalk. What is wrong with idle hunting and almost dying and then go up to plus 1000 rpm after you rev? Are you using idle control valve or a stopper screw on throttle body?
There's a start up map on the car at that point, engine had just gone in and as I stated earlier, was just towed back from the exhaust shop. It was basically the 1st start up while trying to get it to idle without a dyno or road tune. I dunno of anyone who put an engine in, loaded a start up map and had zero teething issues do u?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Ok, that was your first start up or rev up.

Here is mine.

https://youtu.be/zgczI57vZk4
Papa Jo what is that sound that sounds like lifters knocking?? Mine does the same thing!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
PapaJo
Lieutenant-Colonel
Posts: 4225
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: My 2.0 16V 9a Life build thread

Post by PapaJo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

162life-WP wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm
PapaJo wrote:
162life-WP wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am
PapaJo wrote:
Manage to see your video now on tapatalk. What is wrong with idle hunting and almost dying and then go up to plus 1000 rpm after you rev? Are you using idle control valve or a stopper screw on throttle body?
There's a start up map on the car at that point, engine had just gone in and as I stated earlier, was just towed back from the exhaust shop. It was basically the 1st start up while trying to get it to idle without a dyno or road tune. I dunno of anyone who put an engine in, loaded a start up map and had zero teething issues do u?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Ok, that was your first start up or rev up.

Here is mine.

https://youtu.be/zgczI57vZk4
Papa Jo what is that sound that sounds like lifters knocking?? Mine does the same thing!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
I have instatted 16 new lifters. Could be due to first start and settling in still as it takes a few minutes of idle on first start and oil to even out. The noise from the injectors is also heard due to close to throttle. It has quieten down a bit now. Will take a video again when vack home end of month.
Post Reply