VW T5 Kombi

Post Reply
Sech
Enlisted
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:58 am

VW T5 Kombi

Post by Sech » Fri May 04, 2018 10:36 am

I drive a VW T5 kombi 1.9 2009 model. Engine was redone after the top cylinder cracked due to a Cambelt failure. When I start car white smoke comes out from the pipe and has burning sensation in my eyes. It soon disappears after a while.
When driving it turns to loose power and start shaking. I then switch off engine and start again. I put the injector cleaner in the diesel tank and the issue continues. I checked and cleaned the EGR valve. The car chows a lot of diesel when driving.
The diagnostic machine does not give any errors. What could be the issue and where can I take the car to for assistance?
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by PapaJo » Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Was cam and diesel pump alignment done? Does it lack power?
User avatar
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Posts: 26556
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:08 am
Membership No: 79
Location: Benoni, putfontein.

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by panic-mechanic » Mon May 07, 2018 6:12 am

Cpossible timing issue or one of thensensors like water temp not plugged in/dead. Of course you give a location it will be a lot easier to refer you to somebody.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Sech
Enlisted
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:58 am

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by Sech » Mon May 07, 2018 2:24 pm

I am located in the Randburg/Fourways area. Many people also suspects timing but also injectors as well which might be due to the sensors. I will update forum once this has been checked. It does lack power.
User avatar
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Posts: 26556
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:08 am
Membership No: 79
Location: Benoni, putfontein.

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by panic-mechanic » Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 pm

that area try vagspec centre. Highly recommended by Dazza.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Sech
Enlisted
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 8:58 am

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by Sech » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am

Problem sorted. Injector seals changed. Timing sorted. No more smoke or misfire. Have been advised to change the injector harness soon. Thank you guys.
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by PapaJo » Wed May 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Sech wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am
Problem sorted. Injector seals changed. Timing sorted. No more smoke or misfire. Have been advised to change the injector harness soon. Thank you guys.
Great stuff.
SechabaP
Enlisted
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:26 am

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by SechabaP » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm

:bang: :bang: White smoke from the exhaust.
User avatar
PoloB
Cadet
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:30 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO 6S
Location: Pretoria

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by PoloB » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Sech wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:36 am
I drive a VW T5 kombi 1.9 2009 model. Engine was redone after the top cylinder cracked due to a Cambelt failure. When I start car white smoke comes out from the pipe and has burning sensation in my eyes. It soon disappears after a while.
When driving it turns to loose power and start shaking. I then switch off engine and start again. I put the injector cleaner in the diesel tank and the issue continues. I checked and cleaned the EGR valve. The car chows a lot of diesel when driving.
The diagnostic machine does not give any errors. What could be the issue and where can I take the car to for assistance?
I will forward you details
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Stage 2 Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
17 Inch A-Line Spree wheels
Thekogm
Enlisted
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am
Car Make: VW & VW
Car Model: 95 Polo 1.4i, 03 Transporter

Re: VW T5 Kombi

Post by Thekogm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:18 pm

panic-mechanic wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 pm
that area try vagspec centre. Highly recommended by Dazza.
Do you know who does the Bloemfontein area?
Post Reply