60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post Reply
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Good day, I need help wiring my Diktator kindly assist
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Tshepofuks wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Good day, I need help wiring my Diktator kindly assist
Look here on Dicktator website:
http://www.dicktator.co.za/Dicktator%20 ... layout.pdf

When you purchase the unit, you will get the layout with the box.

Where are you based?
What coil setup are you planning to use? Single coil with TP100?
DeanK
Cadet
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:09 pm
Location: Alberton

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by DeanK » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Easy to ask for help - please introduce yourself in the correct way.

Lot's of willing helpers on the forum - Jo being one of them.
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:13 am

I apologize for not introducing myself
My name is Tshepo from Johannesburg, I am new here on the vw club website, I've been a be fan ever since I was a little kid and I've owned only be cars from my first car. I am happy to be part of the family, hope I am welcomed.
Again I do apologize for not introducing myself the right way from the beginning.
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 am

PapaJo wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm
Tshepofuks wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Good day, I need help wiring my Diktator kindly assist
Look here on Dicktator website:
http://www.dicktator.co.za/Dicktator%20 ... layout.pdf

When you purchase the unit, you will get the layout with the box.

Where are you based?
What coil setup are you planning to use? Single coil with TP100?
Good day Mr Jo

OK can I firstly rectify my mistake, it's a 2lt engine not 1800.
So I have stared with installation, I am planning to use the single coil with tp100 setup.

I am based in Johannesburg

I am struggling with getting spark, I have connected it the way the diagram says it should be connected but now I'm not sure if I need to connect the sensor that's located at the engine block as well
User avatar
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Posts: 26598
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:08 am
Membership No: 79
Location: Benoni, putfontein.

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by panic-mechanic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Uhm - so if it is a AGG or ADY then you should coonected your 60-2 dictator to the sensor in the block yes.
Did you connect it to the distributor?
Do you see rpm in the software when you crank it?.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 pm

You are talking about diagram, just to clarify. You are using the 60-2 sensor in the block and see the post from panic and answer his questions. When you use the TP100, the ignition output 1 (pin 6 on Dicktator) is connected to rhe signal pin 6 in the TP100. You don’t need the 12v and negative that was originally connected to the distributor plug. You need ignition 12V to TP100 and coil positive, TP100 coil negative to coil negative wired and TP100 negative connected to engine block.

As you are using the 60-2 sensor, check that polarity is the correct way wired.
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 am

PapaJo wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 pm
You are talking about diagram, just to clarify. You are using the 60-2 sensor in the block and see the post from panic and answer his questions. When you use the TP100, the ignition output 1 (pin 6 on Dicktator) is connected to rhe signal pin 6 in the TP100. You don’t need the 12v and negative that was originally connected to the distributor plug. You need ignition 12V to TP100 and coil positive, TP100 coil negative to coil negative wired and TP100 negative connected to engine block.

As you are using the 60-2 sensor, check that polarity is the correct way wired.
So Mr Jo,which wires should I connect to the distributor?
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 am

panic-mechanic wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:01 pm
Uhm - so if it is a AGG or ADY then you should coonected your 60-2 dictator to the sensor in the block yes.
Did you connect it to the distributor?
Do you see rpm in the software when you crank it?.
I have connected it to the distributor and I don't see rpm when cranking it. I think I have a layout of the std instead of 60-2,not sure if the layouts are different.
User avatar
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Posts: 26598
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:08 am
Membership No: 79
Location: Benoni, putfontein.

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by panic-mechanic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:06 pm

if your dictator is a 60-2 box you can't use the distributor - you ahve to use the block sensor. Sadly dictator boxes are hard coded for which trigger system to use. it's not a soft setting you can change and use the other.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm posting the 60-2 drawing link again from previous post. you need to wire it like this.
http://www.dicktator.co.za/Dicktator%20 ... layout.pdf

The 60-2 ecu uses a magnetic pick up that gets its signal from the 60-2 trigger wheel when cranking the motor. This is wired to pins 1 and 11 on 60-2 ecu. You cannot wire the distributor signal to pin 1 on the 60-2 ecu, only on the Dicktator std ecu.

As you are using a TP100 and round coil, you will wire ignition output 1 (pin 6) on ecu to pin 6 (signal input on TP100) and then coil negative output from TP100 to coil negative terminal. The trigger input signal to 60-2 ecu is going into the 60-2 ecu via pins 1 and 11 and when you crank the motor, you will see between 200-330rpm on Dicktator software. If no rpm is shown wiring is wrong or reversed polarity wired to ecu wiring or magnetic sensor is defective. Once you see rpm reading on Dicktator software, it will pulse ignition output 1 to the TP100, which in return will pulse the coil negative and coil will spark to distributor.

On the main page the setup should be selected as "single coil" and not "wasted spark" option as you are using the distributor to distribute spark to the spark plugs in the motor. The 60-2 trigger wheel and magnetic sensor provides the input timing pulses via pins 1 and 11 and pin 6 on ecu provides the trigger pulse to the TP100 that then pulses the coil negative. There must be an ignition 12V wire on the coil positive and TP100.
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:22 am

Thanks a lot for the clarity,it makes perfect sense now. So the distributor is connected as follows if I'm not mistaken, positive to pin 5 on Tp100 and negative on pin 3,not too sure about the other cable thou. Is this correct?
User avatar
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Posts: 26598
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:08 am
Membership No: 79
Location: Benoni, putfontein.

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by panic-mechanic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:32 pm

on your setup you will not wire ANYTHING to the distributor except the HT cables. You will connect the TP100 to the dictator spark output.
so that 3 pin plug on the distributor will have no wiring to it.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:50 am

panic-mechanic wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:32 pm
on your setup you will not wire ANYTHING to the distributor except the HT cables. You will connect the TP100 to the dictator spark output.
so that 3 pin plug on the distributor will have no wiring to it.
Thanks a lot, I will be attending the car tomorrow, will let you know of the outcome
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm

This is how you wire it up.
Image

You can wire the rpm from pin 7 or just use the rpm out on pin 4, blue/grey wire from ecu. This will be the next chapter after you got the above wiring done and have rpm when cranking.
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Tue May 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Any update??

Did you get this sorted?
Tshepofuks
Enlisted
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Caravelle
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by Tshepofuks » Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 am

PapaJo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:39 pm
Any update??

Did you get this sorted?
How's it papa jo

I now have spark, haven't started the car as yet,, was a bit busy with some other project, will only start it next weekend, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the follow up
User avatar
PapaJo
Colonel
Posts: 5635
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '16 Golf 7R, 86 Caddy 16V ITBs
Membership No: missing
Location: Vaal Triangle SA or Vitoria Brazil

Re: 60-2 Diktator wiring diagram vw 1800

Post by PapaJo » Sat May 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Tshepofuks wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 am
PapaJo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:39 pm
Any update??

Did you get this sorted?
How's it papa jo

I now have spark, haven't started the car as yet,, was a bit busy with some other project, will only start it next weekend, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the follow up
Ok, cool. Keep us updated on your progress
Post Reply