1.4 Tsi Golf 7 - Extremely high oil consumption

Tman21
Cadet
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Roccoon S4

Re: 1.4 Tsi Golf 7 - Extremely high oil consumption

Post by Tman21 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

On this point @NEUK And proper high jack on the subject. My wife is doing her MBA and she has to do an assignment on SASOL and so Ill be doing some more reading. Also reading kak old posts on here which begs the question . . . what do you fill up with in youR? (unless I missed it)

Very funny to see people debating fuel on the internet. . .
Success: When hard work meets opportunity :-)
#TMAN21
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Car Model: '15 Golf R
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Tman21 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm
On this point @NEUK And proper high jack on the subject. My wife is doing her MBA and she has to do an assignment on SASOL and so Ill be doing some more reading. Also reading kak old posts on here which begs the question . . . what do you fill up with in youR? (unless I missed it)

Very funny to see people debating fuel on the internet. . .
I only use 95 in my R, mainly Shell but sometimes Engen and BP. The engines we get in the 7R and 7.5R have been detuned for the local market by around 20hp ATF.
Nic

Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2015 VW Golf R
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
aomar296
Cadet

Post by aomar296 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 am

B_rad wrote:
hostility wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 am
Eish 1.4tsi problems.....i Kakked a bit when i bought my 1.4tsi twincharged 2012........with its notorious issues of piston failure......

Symptoms start with lumpy idle, misfire, oil usage and then piston number 3 failure......upon more research VW's software update recall did work, but they will they will come up with every excuse not to fix your car once the piston does go boom.

Then even more research with the UK boys and their Twincharged Cupra's having the exact same issues they found a good software upgrade was the answer, So i chatted to Revo and a stage 1 upgrade had everything firing optimally........I did it just as a precaution, and 2 more mates of mine did it on their 1.4tsi motors too. 3 years in and going strong.......but regardless to all i've mentioned here...its a lucky packet motor for sure.
I have actually heard of guys saying this before - doing the software sorted out the AFR's and helped prevent it (or so I am told).
Have any you guys had this issue sorted out with a software fix instead of having to take the whole engine and the risk attached to that?

Please advise

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ICE King
Cadet
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King » Mon May 21, 2018 1:54 pm

aomar296 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 am
B_rad wrote:
hostility wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 am
Eish 1.4tsi problems.....i Kakked a bit when i bought my 1.4tsi twincharged 2012........with its notorious issues of piston failure......

Symptoms start with lumpy idle, misfire, oil usage and then piston number 3 failure......upon more research VW's software update recall did work, but they will they will come up with every excuse not to fix your car once the piston does go boom.

Then even more research with the UK boys and their Twincharged Cupra's having the exact same issues they found a good software upgrade was the answer, So i chatted to Revo and a stage 1 upgrade had everything firing optimally........I did it just as a precaution, and 2 more mates of mine did it on their 1.4tsi motors too. 3 years in and going strong.......but regardless to all i've mentioned here...its a lucky packet motor for sure.
I have actually heard of guys saying this before - doing the software sorted out the AFR's and helped prevent it (or so I am told).
Have any you guys had this issue sorted out with a software fix instead of having to take the whole engine and the risk attached to that?

Please advise

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Once the ring land is damaged , No software can fix it , The software is more of a precaution before getting to that point of damaging the ring lands.

Not sure if it was confirmed but the ring land damage seems to be from detonation

Surprisingly one would think that the clever ECU's safety features would prevent this.
Rides:
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned