MhVW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: '06 Polo Classic 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 1466

Gotech Hall Sensor wiring

Post by MhVW »

I'm busy installing Gotech MFI on my 1300 Fox to do the timing only (for now), but mainly to gain the limiter function.

My question is, do I supply the distributor hall sensor with +5V as per the Gotech Manual pg10?
Or with +12V as per the following I found?
I would presume the hall sensor would need to be supplied with +12V as per the original wiring,just
not sure if the Gotech will handle it?
Tp100 is your ignition module as by drawing,you give it power when turning ignition and then gives power to coil and then it gives power to hall sender that gives signal back and says when to fire coil,so now you have management that takes hall sender signal and ajust it to fire amount of degrees before tdc and gives back to tp100 that then fire.....coil .And tp100 gives signal to revcounter to ...rev.
ok wat the f@ck is hall sender you ask.Ok it is a pickup that you give a + and - power suply and it gives out a signal when there is no steel infront of it
this is n tp900 the tp100 is the same just don't have alimunuim back and gets mounted on aluminuim but tp900 stronger than tp100

Ok the window is the holes cut in the chopper plate that rotates in your distubutor,so when the hole pases the hall it fires the coil and you have 4 silinders so you have 4 windows so each can get fire So a 1 window distubutor only have one window and will only fire silinder number one it gets used when crank has 60-2 plate and the window is used as tdc

4 window hall

1 window aba/ady/abf hall

ok gotech wiring diagram see use no tp100 and directly fires the coil as mrturbo and dictator does and dictator has the nasty habit of blowing tp100.
| 2006 VW Polo Classic 1.9TDi ...Tow Car... | ? ? ? ? ? ? ...Weekend Warrior... | 2005 Honda CBX250 Twister ...Daily... |
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Re: Gotech Hall Sensor wiring

Post by Killerwatt »

Hall needs 5v. On the stock setup the tp100 gives 5v not 12v to the hall.

With gotech you can either use tp10
or fire the coil directly. Download the user guide from their website it will help alot.
MhVW
Lieutenant
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: '06 Polo Classic 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 1466

Post by MhVW »

Killerwatt wrote:Hall needs 5v. On the stock setup the tp100 gives 5v not 12v to the hall.

or fire the coil directly. Download the user guide from their website it will help alot.
Thanx Killerwatt!

So then the simplest would be to keep the TP100 and most of the standard ignition wiring
of the car and let the TP100 do the coil firing and supply 5V to the hall sensor.
| 2006 VW Polo Classic 1.9TDi ...Tow Car... | ? ? ? ? ? ? ...Weekend Warrior... | 2005 Honda CBX250 Twister ...Daily... |
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

That would be the simplest to wire. But i prefer to drop the tp100 and drive the coil directly. I like fewer components in the system as its easier to deal with.
Solomon34$
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by Solomon34$ »

hi guys my name is gregory i am a vw fan an wanted to try something new . what a regret. i bought a turbo honda civic b18b4 vtec head . by accident i switched the wires positive to negative wire at the distributor an blew the vw hall pick am.running gotech mfi x ..an the voltage from gotech to distirbutor is giving 10volts. ive repaired my distributor with a new hall pick up . guy says it can handle 9 to 12 volts. now ive developed a problem. where the new vw hall pick up blows moment plug 10volts to it . i called powermods. i tested the trigger wires an pulses at the box fine. put in a new relay fine. got a guy to plug into gotech fine. just keep blowing the vw pick at the distributor. what else can i check for . am lost
Solomon34$
Enlisted

gotech managemnt blows pick up at distributor

Post by Solomon34$ »

Killerwatt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:35 am Hall needs 5v. On the stock setup the tp100 gives 5v not 12v to the hall.

[/quote

hi i have a problem by accident i switched the distributor wires power into earth an blew the pick up at the distributor. had the pick up repaired. voltages power checked good at 10.5 signal wire to gotech 5volts. earth good. was checked by a managment guy..plug into the system all good. still bows pick up
Solomon34$
Enlisted

gotech managemnt blows pick up at distributor

Post by Solomon34$ »

Killerwatt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:35 am Hall needs 5v. On the stock setup the tp100 gives 5v not 12v to the hall.

[/quote

hi i have a problem by accident i switched the distributor wires power into earth an blew the pick up at the distributor. had the pick up repaired. voltages power checked good at 10.5 signal wire to gotech 5volts. earth good. was checked by a managment guy..plug into the system all good. still bows pick up