Vw Citi 1.4i possible overfueling

KaiCerberus
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months

Vw Citi 1.4i possible overfueling

Post by KaiCerberus »

Good day Guys I'm new to the forum and would like some advice. My Citi 1.4i mp9 is overfueling on startup it takes a few swings before it starts and can smell alot of fuel aswell. When the motor is warm it has no starting issue besides having a slight jerky motion on light acceleration and also when leaving the accel pedal while driving. I've replaced both the temp sensor and the map sensor. Now the question is would the fuel pressure regulator cause this issue? Would replacing it be advised, could it be the fuel pump relay? Oh and the car drives fine under hard acceleration.
Knuckles87
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CITI Sport 2009 1.4

Re: Vw Citi 1.4i possible overfueling

Post by Knuckles87 »

Maybe you should not over-fuel the car:)
Are there any leaks?
KaiCerberus
Enlisted

Post by KaiCerberus »

I don't see any leaks on the fueling system
Spali
Enlisted

Post by Spali »

Hi kaiCerberus.. Did u got the problem solved?
I also need advice please is the anyone that can help. My 1.8i mp9 have a slight jerk while driving. After replacing fuel pump I found that fuel rail had internal leak... Replace the fuel rail. Car drove fine for maybe a month and the same problem comes up again. This time I replaced the fuelrail and injectors but no luck. I also replaced the sensor on top of intake, also the water temp sensor, also the fuel pressure regulater but no luck. This morning I also inspected the dissy cap and rotor, the plug leads and had the coil tested but all is fine. Please I need advise anyone.
SORRY FOR JUMPING ON THIS POST, I'M ALSO NEW HERE SND DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS
KaiCerberus
Enlisted

Post by KaiCerberus »

Howzit Spali, nope I haven't got it sorted yet.As soon as I get a chance to search for the issue IL let you know if it's sorted or not and what was done to correct it.
dubbymp9
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 11 months

Post by dubbymp9 »

Howsit. Have you managed to solve the problem bru?