2018 Golf 7.5 Noise Over Bumps

Merlocious
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK 7.5

2018 Golf 7.5 Noise Over Bumps

Post by Merlocious »

Good-Day. My vehicle has now for almost 3 years been making noise when going over bumps or uneven road. I have taken it to numerous places already and they say it could be this and that and when I do what they say was wrong, it turns it was not. I have changed both front shock mountings, both stabilizers links, top right engine mounting and both front shocks and still the noise is there when going over bumps or even slight uneven road. It tends to be louder in the mornings but can also be loud during the day. It has to do with up/down movement. I don't think these guys really took the time to see exactly what it could be but rather said it was the above mentioned changed parts but obviously was not.
Can anybody maybe advise on what the issue could be please. Maybe somebody had the same issues with their Golf and could shed some light on this issue. i will really appreciate it as it has almost been 3 yrs now.

Thanks in advance
Merlocious
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Re: 2018 Golf 7.5 Noise Over Bumps

Post by mk2-phreak »

I had an annoying noise similar that turned out to be loose subframe bolts. Yeah. Don't ask. You need a workshop willing to spend half a day stripping and diagnosing