PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: dicktator issues help please

Post by PapaJo »

Still the same magnetic sensor?? Do you have another new one? I would start there as this is all that has not yet being changed.
mon2fri
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years

Post by mon2fri »

panic-mechanic wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:36 pm I have been and kept saying that right from the start. No good stable rpm reading and you will not start that car.
What is the cause of these behaviour
And how can i neutralise it.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:05 pm
panic-mechanic wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:36 pm I have been and kept saying that right from the start. No good stable rpm reading and you will not start that car.
Panic commented on an earlier post that you need an isciloscope or a new sensor to trouble shoot and confirm current sensor is deffective.

I have also asked if you have a spare new sensor to use and has asked a few pages back that you check the airgap between sensor tip and trigger teeth. Asked you to measure from the block to the trigger teeth and also sensor from tip to the mounting face to determine the airgap between sensor tip and trigger teeth. While you measure from the block to the trigger teeth on the trigger wheel, check that the trigger wheel is not wobbling or loose on the crank.

If you don’t do this, you will never get this car started.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 pm
mon2fri wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:05 pm
Panic commented on an earlier post that you need an isciloscope or a new sensor to trouble shoot and confirm current sensor is deffective.

I have also asked if you have a spare new sensor to use and has asked a few pages back that you check the airgap between sensor tip and trigger teeth. Asked you to measure from the block to the trigger teeth and also sensor from tip to the mounting face to determine the airgap between sensor tip and trigger teeth. While you measure from the block to the trigger teeth on the trigger wheel, check that the trigger wheel is not wobbling or loose on the crank.

If you don’t do this, you will never get this car started.
i hear you papajo
and i have indicated that i have bought another sensor and the ;part no of the sensor is the same as you recommended, from goldwagen.
isn't the trigger wheel in the block?
ill try to measure from the block to the trigger teeth and check if i mus remove the o-ring on the sensor or not :violin:
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

I think i've tried all i can and i sdint win on these one
So its time i visit those with betrer tools than me.

I have measured the distance on the sensor, and removed the o-ring on the sensor so that it may bevfoward by a centimetre but it ddnt help. It js promises bt doesnt wanna catch.
So i think i must js take it to someone.

Thank you for all your efford in trying to help me with all the knowledge u have but will continuecto update you with all developments that i have.
Thank you very much
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

sadly this is one of those where at this point you need help form somebody that has experience of the system and or can do diagnostics with a scope. So you need to know if the trigger is sending a clean signal and if the management box is seeing it right.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

The problem is i dnt have such equipment and i just have to send it to them even though they'll rip me off
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Sounds that you are giving up on this now. Don’t give up.

Only way now is to get it to someone who can assist with the correct testing equipment. Will cost you a few bucks though.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Just some more questions to add to above:

Where is the rotor arm in relation to no:1 cylinder on TDC? Have you tried moving the distributor either advance or retard for atleast 30 degrees from the centre of the rotor tip? Your rotor phasing might be off

As you have spark, do you have a timing light? If you do have a timing light, connect it to no:1 plug wire and swing motor and shoot light at the front pulley timing mark to see if you are anywhere close to TDC when sparkplug is firing. That way you can get an indication of how close or far off is your timing trigger point. Make sure your TDC mark is properly marked.

One thing you can also try is to reset ecu map to default map on the "File Options" page to reset map on ecu to the Dicktator default map. This will reset trigger settings on "Sensor Setup" page and default timing and fuel values with 4 cylinder and ignition divide 2 and trigger angle 57 with single coil on map selection.

After this and still no start, I am out of any further ideas.

This is recommended if and when you have steady RPM signal on the ecu or else no luck to get motor started.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

I get you papajo ill try jus one more time b4 towing it to the people wirh the right tools
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:06 pm I get you papajo ill try jus one more time b4 towing it to the people wirh the right tools
:thumbup:
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Any progress or is this thread dead now?
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Nope will leave the thread when the car starts.
As said on the latter statement that im gonna take it to those with better equipments than me, i did so on wednesday so im js waiting for them to let me knw what is it that they see and ill update even after the car is back ill update.
Thank you so much
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:31 am Nope will leave the thread when the car starts.
As said on the latter statement that im gonna take it to those with better equipments than me, i did so on wednesday so im js waiting for them to let me knw what is it that they see and ill update even after the car is back ill update.
Thank you so much
Cool, getting feedback helps us all at the end to know what was the cause.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

good morning guys, i just thought i should update you on the progress made so far.
its been 3 months since i towed the car to lim trucks, it was so disappointing when weeks later when i went to check on the car i had found that nothing has happened to the car. everytime i call to ask for updates they tell me that they're busy with the wiring.

even today they're still on the wiring issue.
as i was strapping the 2l 8v engine on my other car i checked the crank and it had the 60-2 tooth on it. and i remembered the time papa joe told me to measure the distance from the crank wheel to the pick up sensor "i didn't feel any tooth on the crank of the 1.8 8v engine".

so i ordered the 60-2 crank tooth that can be welded or screwed on the crank pulley. so now i am waiting to receive it then go tow back the ca to my place then try starting it myself.

so after towing the car ill update you guys on the developments.

thank you again for the support u gave me and all the advise it really helped.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Ok, now I’m confused. There is no trigger gear inside motor after you checked. The 1.8 8v blocks does not have a hole for the magnetic sensor in the block, only the 2L blocks have them. Is this a 1.8 crank fitted in 2L tall block or what? The 1.8 20v cranks does have the trigger wheel inside on the crank.

By installing a weld on or front 60-2 trigger wheel, I take it you are referring to that. You need to put the centre of the 60-2 gap on TDC and then the sensor bracket needs to be in the 14th tooth gap anti clock direction of motor direction of turning. Gap between sensor tip and trigger tooth high tip must be 0,75mm to maximum 1,2mm.

Mock it all up first and post pictures before final fixing in order for us to check that sensor is at the correct position.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

howzit papajo. I suspect you need another reminder thatbwe are dealing with an opel....
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
DeanK
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by DeanK »

I had to also go back a couple of months to double check - Panic is correct , this is on an Opel.

Originally a VW post , but changed to Opel .
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

panic-mechanic wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:07 am howzit papajo. I suspect you need another reminder thatbwe are dealing with an opel....
Sorry, Panic.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:12 pm Ok, now I’m confused. There is no trigger gear inside motor after you checked. The 1.8 8v blocks does not have a hole for the magnetic sensor in the block, only the 2L blocks have them. Is this a 1.8 crank fitted in 2L tall block or what? The 1.8 20v cranks does have the trigger wheel inside on the crank.

By installing a weld on or front 60-2 trigger wheel, I take it you are referring to that. You need to put the centre of the 60-2 gap on TDC and then the sensor bracket needs to be in the 14th tooth gap anti clock direction of motor direction of turning. Gap between sensor tip and trigger tooth high tip must be 0,75mm to maximum 1,2mm.

Mock it all up first and post pictures before final fixing in order for us to check that sensor is at the correct position.
they do have, but i think its not the same as the one given by the sales people even when i am giving them the engine number.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

yeah sorry for the confusion guys. we dealing with an opel here
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

The Corcsa C 1.4 has a front pulley with integrated 60-2 trigger wheel. Is that the one they try to give to you and does it fit on the crank 4 bolt pattern? It uses a v belt and should align with your other pulleys. Take your existing pulley to them and check that it is matching on the bolt pattern and v belt offset.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Hi guys im happy to tell you that the car has started, i changed the crankshaft to a 2l crankshaft with a 60-2 triggerwheel. I wanna say thank you guys for ur help it really assisted me in understanding the system a lot. Thank you once more papajoe and panic
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:27 pm Hi guys im happy to tell you that the car has started, i changed the crankshaft to a 2l crankshaft with a 60-2 triggerwheel. I wanna say thank you guys for ur help it really assisted me in understanding the system a lot. Thank you once more papajoe and panic
You're welcome, mon2fri. thanks for the feedback.

Glad you got it started about nine months later. Trigger wheel sitting at the correct position now.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

I just used the complete crankshaft i got from a 2l 8v it has a 60-2 trigger wheel on it