hi gents im Chris new to the forum and in need of help with my citi golf 1.4I.

Citi golf Chribo
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

hi gents im Chris new to the forum and in need of help with my citi golf 1.4I.

Post by Citi golf Chribo »

I have a problem with my citi golf it does not wana start and there a buzzing noise coming from the fusebox so today I check and to find its the relay 53 situated under the dash driver side so I replaced it and car started perfect and switched of and start again perfectly fine so I decide to visit my dad and after visiting It time to leave so I try to start car swings second attempt I try to start the buzzing noise again from the relay and car wont start so I tried again this time with me trapping brakes while starting... the car decides to start so im confused I switch of agian try to start nothing.. tried trapping the brakes and start nothing but a buzzing noise when turn the key.
Please help advise what could be the problem as this is happening the first time please gents

Thanks guys
Fidgeter
Enlisted

Re: hi gents im Chris new to the forum and in need of help with my citi golf 1.4I.

Post by Fidgeter »

Sounds like a earthing problem. Maybe check under the peddles and dash if theres loose wires touching?
2005 Citi Golf
Current mods: 2lt 8v Single throttle
Estas cam
Branch with 57mm exhaust
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: hi gents im Chris new to the forum and in need of help with my citi golf 1.4I.

Post by PapaJo »

Definitely a wiring problem. Most likely a bad earth connection.
Citi golf Chribo
Enlisted

hi Gents ok I figured out when it does not want to start and the relay starts buzzing behind the dash I have to open the bonnet and remove the + terminal from the battery connected to the solenoid or starter and then connect it back to the battery ( battery is brand new bought it 3 weeks ago ) battery clinic tested the battery and its fully charged ,alternator charging the battery too.. what I notice when it doesn't start and the relay (53) is buzzing my central locking sounds week like the battery is going flat, I thought it could be my alarm but I doubt it could it maybe be the solenoid / starter ? will diagnostic and multi- meter machine pick up the problem ?

thanks for your help guys
Citi golf Chribo
Enlisted

*weak