dicktator issues help please

mon2fri
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years

Re: dicktator issues help please

Post by mon2fri »

good morning,

ill post the pics tonight, and my spark plugs are wet and rigs of petrol.

i also unplugged the water temp switch to check if its the one giving me problems or the wiring:-

what ive done is i took the plug from the air sensor to water just to get sense of what is the problem and the air one on the water switch gave an over reading then revered to 24 while the water one on the air sensor gave error reading.

and yes the red wire im referring to is the one going to pin 30 on the relay
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

ill even change the petrol pump because the one im using came with the car and it might be old as the car was standing for a year without moving. i have a bosch 3.8 bar universal and its the one that i have been using on the other car.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Quick question. Have you drained the tank and added fresh fuel. Fuel that is a year old will sometimes not even start a car.
But yes you are chucking way too much fuel at it.
remember water temp can be calibrated to whatever temp sender you use. It does not have to suit the default settings. that is just to get you going and you are way too much worrying about that.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

yep the tank was drained and new fuel in the tank
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Please post pictures of your fuel map, ignition map and main page for us to visualize the current settings to assist. Agree with panic, way too much fuel. Your setting on ecu is selected for MAP? Right? Is the vacuum line connected from ecu to manifold?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Re-reading your earlier post, you have soldered wire connections together. It is advisable to crimp these together as the solder can crack or cause dry connections sometimes. For now it is fine and you can change later if you want or when you start experiencing wire or signal issues.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Yes the vacuum is connected. And i am using map
3 bar 1401 or 1041 i think but ill verify when i get home
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm Yes the vacuum is connected. And i am using map
OK, confirm and then post those pictures as requested. What is battery voltage during cranking? If lower than 8V, Dicktator switches off.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 pm
mon2fri wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm Yes the vacuum is connected. And i am using map
OK, confirm and then post those pictures as requested. What is battery voltage during cranking? If lower than 8V, Dicktator switches off.
here are the pics as requested, hope they`ll show some light
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

It's your water temp thing that is making so much fuel. Just manually adjust the thing or unplug it for the moment.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

The fuel values in the -0,47 to -0,21 columns where he would start on with MAP selection is on the rich side. 3-4,7 ms is putting quite some fuel in. Maybe look at reducing the current values with 1ms lower at current value.

The temperature reads 25 degrees now on your chart at the bottom and the water temperature compensation values appears to be the default Dicktator values. It is compensating your fuel value with the value in the closest temperature block on the fuel page at the block in which it is at.

Timing is low in these corresponding values in the RPM range but is fine for startup and idle.

Trigger angle of 65 degrees seems high too. This is with sensor in block. Seen other ABF motors running on 57 degrees trigger angle. Mine on KR motor sits at 45 degrees with external trigger wheel that is also 90 degrees off from the -2 tooth on trigger wheel.

Have you tried reducing trigger angle with 3-5 degrees at a time or moving distributor to find spot where rotor will spark on plug pin during the time when it almost wanted to start.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

dissy titming references is usally around 35 or so If I remember right.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:19 pm dissy titming references is usally around 35 or so If I remember right.
Correct me then if I’m wrong, so then with 60-2 trigger for timing and his dissy and rotor on TDC timing will be the around 35 degrees out when firing and he has to advance lock dissy on 35 degrees to get the spark at the right place when needed on the point where it has to ignite just at or on TDC.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

i have changed the water switch and no more over reading, ill reduce the timing to 35 or 45 tomorrow.

for today im done i have assignments to finish tonight. they are due tomorrow.

thanks guys ill do as u suggest tomorrow and see where it leads us.

you guys deserves a BELLS!
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:06 pm i have changed the water switch and no more over reading, ill reduce the timing to 35 or 45 tomorrow.

for today im done i have assignments to finish tonight. they are due tomorrow.

thanks guys ill do as u suggest tomorrow and see where it leads us.

you guys deserves a BELLS!
Cool, let us know how you get along
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Good Day,

i`ve tried reducing the trigger angle like panic was suggesting, checked the top dead center on the block and again check the cam if its on the right spot. but yet again no catch just swing and promises to but not. :twisted: :twisted:
below is what i`ve noticed :-
1. my spark plugs are wet and rigs of petrol, "so i wonder is the spark is enough to detonate?"
2.due to i don't have a pressure tester , "is my fuel pressure enough but if not musnt the car start and then when u rev the car then dies?"

i have so many questions but no solutions i even thought of changing the crank sensor, :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: my head is all over the place :crazy: :crazy: but the way it promises it some times gives me hope that one day it`ll start. :( :( :( :( :(
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Good Day,

i`ve tried reducing the trigger angle like panic was suggesting, checked the top dead center on the block and again check the cam if its on the right spot. but yet again no catch just swing and promises to but not. :twisted: :twisted:
below is what i`ve noticed :-
1. my spark plugs are wet and rigs of petrol, "so i wonder is the spark is enough to detonate?"
2.due to i don't have a pressure tester , "is my fuel pressure enough but if not musnt the car start and then when u rev the car then dies?"

i have so many questions but no solutions i even thought of changing the crank sensor, :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: my head is all over the place :crazy: :crazy: but the way it promises it some times gives me hope that one day it`ll start. :( :( :( :( :(
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Just to recap from past posts

You have rpm after wiring was redone - more than 250rpm.
Fuel pump prime during ignition on and then stop - thats normal.
Plugs are black and wet. Fuel values were very high and panic abd I comnented to check the temp sensor or unplug it to start without. You replaced the temp sensor and temp reading is reading a more sensible value. - What is the fuel value showing now during cranking?

You have tried reducing the trigger angle to 35 with no luck. Noted on your previous pictures it was set to 65. I have commented to try 45 as that was working for me with dustributor and had the distributor advanced to get motor to start. Advancing distributor is turning clock wise when looking into the distributor from passenger side of motor as rotor is turning anti clock wise on 16V. Is your sparkplug connected in anti clockwise rotation order on the cap?

You are using a 60-2 ecu for timing trigger to a single coil and dissy and dissy distribute spark to plugs. Timing marks are checked and correct. Have tou confirmed that you get spark on all 4 spark plugs when you remove then and earth them on motor duribg motor crank?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Another thing to check and give feedback or picture, on the sensor setup page, is all 3 triggers selected to “default”?

If you can, make a short video during cranking of the data page and post it to utube and copy link in here and then we can see in video what is happening during cranking.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

good evening guys i did the video and pictures of the setup tried to start the car with, hope it`ll be useful.

https://postimg.cc/image/g6asymkob/49db3901/
below is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgG4DGQ1FJo

i suspect that the fuel pressure its not enough, but look at the settings and the video maybe it`ll bare fruits.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

From the video, your fuel values still seem to be on the high side.

Verify your fuel pressure and can you confirm you have spark on all 4 plugs? Sounds like it want to take. Strange thing on the video is voltage of 0.12v. That should be around 12v. Less than 8v and Dicktator functions switch off.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

i can confirm that all four plugs have spark, because it was the 1st thing i did before testing others.

when i took the fuel inlet pipe out i know that the pressure must spray all over the rail, but what i saw yesterday was just the petrol from the injector rail not the pipe.

i again put the car on with the fuel intake pipe out then i just saw gulp of fuel coming out but not that convincing.

and one other thing sum times when u put the car on theres no prime spark and if not it wont spark even when cranking. even on the video you`ll notice that the fuel value changes from 23.453 to +-6.254 so i wonder makes that.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Seems that you still have an intermittent power problem, not sensing the 12v back on pin 17, which is the same 12v going to injectors. Check the wiring to the relay that you have 12v to the relay. No power on relay and no power ti fuel pump and injectors.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

but the pump primes and the injector clicks are there, and also the relay put on and off when priming.

but ill give it a look or better change it today after work
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:53 pm but the pump primes and the injector clicks are there, and also the relay put on and off when priming.

but ill give it a look or better change it today after work
Ok, put a multimeter on the power supply feeding from the relay to the pump and earth. You should get 12v during prime.

Check also that you have fuel flowing and fuel pressure into and through the fuel rail.