Seat Altea tdi 2.0

Jeank
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Seat Altea tdi 2.0

Post by Jeank »

First of all,thank you for adding me.
Im the proud owner of a 2009 Seat Altea 2.0 tdi...proud to be part of the VW family,but also a rude introduction to VWG ownership..
I need help before i give up and sell my baby..
History:
Bought this car on a bank repo auction,when i collected it,it was very hard to start,but adding some diesel,we eventually got it going,filled her up,added some Wyns diesel injector cleaner and drove it home +- 300km..first of all the car was lazy on pull away and was constantly stalling on pull away,as the roads opened up,so did the performance improve,but still had to 'spool' it up on pullaway and stumbled on idke a coupke of times stalling the engine.
The next morning back at home,i did a oil change,oil filter,new air filter and diesel filter...still,starting it from cold is difficult,but after a couple of tries it eventually starts and idles fine at +-850 to 900rpm..
Took it on the toad today snd i must say it pulls great,especially from 2000 rpm when the turbo spools up,had a great trip for 25 km and comming to my first intersection it stalled on me..i battled to get it started,but after sbout 6 tries,it eventually started up,but not picking up rpm at all,it sat at 1000rpm for about 2 min with my foot planted on the accelerator..it eventually cleared up and i could drive off..power came back slowly and after about 2km,it was back to normal..pulled away at another intersection,went trough the gears up to 5th and then problems..it refused to past 100km/h with my foot planted,even in 6th it lost speed,down to 4th,still the same,as i neared my town,it felt sliggtly better,but going ildown gears and then up,the car felt dead,no power,no turbo surge as usual,pulled into my driveway and switched the car off,5 min later started up right away,idled fine,no problems.
Please i need help,i cant trust the car as it is now,im to scared its going to leave me stranded.where do i start looking? There are no illuminated warning lights on the dash,no excessive smoke,nothing...
stig
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.9 TDi Highline 96KW
Membership No: 2083

Re: Seat Altea tdi 2.0

Post by stig »

Have it scanned and errors cleared. Check wich errors come back and address them

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The Ride:

'09 Polo 1.9 TDi 96KW HighLine
Mods: Straight-flow FMIC ,Stainless boost piping, RKmotion tuned, 17" Audi A5 Reps, Cobra coilovers, SMF cutch kit
H&M Dyno Night: 114KW 429NM
Dubrun 2016 Autotrix Durban: 131KW 458NM Wulfchip Stage 2
Blackout 2017 Precision Race Dyno: 120kw and 450NM RK-motion Stage 2

Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Buying cars from Bank repo is a bit of a lottery. Best you take it to a proper Diesel mechanic and get scanned for problems. Do you have any details on the car, km's, can try VIN # and see if VW can give you a record of what / when (if) car was serviced.
Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Have the service books.was serviced 14000 km ago..gave it a service now.all new filters,oil etc and injector cleaner in tank.
Car shows no error codes.having the turbo vanes cleaned tomorrow..could be a sticky turbo or bad Maf?
stig
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo 1.9 TDi Highline 96KW
Membership No: 2083

Post by stig »

How do you know it shows no errors? Not all errors throw a MIL or CEL
Jeank wrote:Have the service books.was serviced 14000 km ago..gave it a service now.all new filters,oil etc and injector cleaner in tank.
Car shows no error codes.having the turbo vanes cleaned tomorrow..could be a sticky turbo or bad Maf?
Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The Ride:

'09 Polo 1.9 TDi 96KW HighLine
Mods: Straight-flow FMIC ,Stainless boost piping, RKmotion tuned, 17" Audi A5 Reps, Cobra coilovers, SMF cutch kit
H&M Dyno Night: 114KW 429NM
Dubrun 2016 Autotrix Durban: 131KW 458NM Wulfchip Stage 2
Blackout 2017 Precision Race Dyno: 120kw and 450NM RK-motion Stage 2

Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Nothing on dash.no engine light etc..taking it in for a scan and turbo clean tomorrow
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace
Membership No: missing

Post by amstel18 »

When I got my Cupra back on the day it did the same. Goes into limp mode. Mine was a faulty EGR valve and a boost leak but I got an engine light.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Had the car scanned an error codes cleared..found the problem..lift pump in tank..its leaking,so pressure is to low to filter/injector pump..problem...where do i find a pump for a good price?
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Goldwagen

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Well..Goldwagen dont have pumps and can only help in 3 weeks time,cant find any online and VW dont even phone back...
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Where are u situated?
Did u put a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure?

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Welkom fs..noy even 1bar pressure..what presaure are the supposes to be at?
Jeank
Enlisted

Post by Jeank »

Excuse my spelling..passenger in a moving car...on pothole roads...
Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

I dont know what pressure the tdi pumps have and neither does the manuals state tdi intank pump pressure.

From what i know, the intank pumps are very low pressure pumps like 0.5bar or so..
This pump is not to pressurize the system, thats the job of the tandem pump and injectors, its just there to supply the tandem pump.
I guess as long as theres a constant flow of fuel you're good..

Ashveer03
Lieutenant

Post by Ashveer03 »

Im not sure what engine u have there, but the same should apply if u have a CR engine