VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

jmvangreunen
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

Post by jmvangreunen »

Hi all

I am so sorry for posting this again the last time i did post it just before a holiday and never got to it again and cant find the post but will do it in more detail this time as this is giving me a headache :roll: :wink:

So the actual question is i had my car on a diagnostic machine on the 26th April the machine gave me the following errors
  • P029900 - Boost Pressure control, below limit
  • P261A00 - Coolant Circulation pump 2, open circuit
  • P261B00 - Coolant Circulation pump 2, signal improbable
The car just doesn't boost as it should and it goes into limp mode with the glowplug light flashing and eventually the engine light coming on

I had the car at VW Benoni they told me it's the EGR Valve but i had that blocked out and still the same issues. They did test the Turbo and there was no issues on the Turbo according to the guy there
I then took the car to noise boys and they did a decat and still exactly the same.

I really don''t know in which direction to go anymore as it is part on part that is replaced an nothing is working. The car has cost me almost 5K now and ya still no boost :cry:

If anyone can please assist me on just tell me if they had similar issues and what it did cost to fix

Thank you
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: VW Polo 6 1.6 TDI

Post by panic-mechanic »

Speak to Morne Lourens at Hatfield VW in Randburg. He knows those very well.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

Well one of the common failures on these motors which is the DPF has not being touched yet so maybe try removing that.
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
smoke.machine
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Polo Tdi

Post by smoke.machine »

The coolant pump is actually an auxiliary pump that circulates coolant to the egr cooler after car is switched off..I also bought a 1.6tdi that has that fault but car runs perfectly normalq
Current: 9n3 1.9 TDI Pd100...cupra lip..Pgti rear apron
jmvangreunen
Enlisted

Post by jmvangreunen »

Thanks. The car has either a DPF or n CAT according to noise boys so technically the DPF/CAT is alreaddy removed ...
So is the coolent pump another part that might be replaced or should this not have any impact
smoke.machine
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: Polo Tdi

Post by smoke.machine »

What's the engine code? My 6r sedan tdi has a cat only
Current: 9n3 1.9 TDI Pd100...cupra lip..Pgti rear apron
Deezo777
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo TDi

Post by Deezo777 »

smoke.machine wrote:What's the engine code? My 6r sedan tdi has a cat only
I was told the sedan 6R TDI has a cat only and the hatch back has the dpf

Sent from my SM-P585 using Tapatalk

jmvangreunen
Enlisted

Post by jmvangreunen »

Uhm great not to sure what you mean with engine codes as i only have the codes that the diagnostic gave me in the first post.

"P029900 - Boost Pressure control, below limit
P261A00 - Coolant Circulation pump 2, open circuit
P261B00 - Coolant Circulation pump 2, signal improbable"

So i am sure the car has no DPF and it is already de-catted so must be something else causing the under boost