Trendline to Comfortline headlights conversion

liquidsnake
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6R

Trendline to Comfortline headlights conversion

Post by liquidsnake »

Hello guys, just a quick intro on my car and the issue, hope someone out there can help me or point me in the right direction...
I have a Polo 6r trendline which comes with the below headlights:

i have recently gone and bought myself a set of Polo comfortline headlights from a friend which looks like this:

I tried fitting them with new bulbs and all but I cant seem to get the high beam and low beams to be on at once. If i switch to high beam , the low beam switches off and vice versa.

Does someone perhaps know why? I know its not the set of headlights because I tried my wifes headlights (she has the comfortline) and that has the same issue.

Thanks for takng the time to read!
Current Ride: 2013 - Present Polo 6r 1.4 2012
Previous Rides: 2009 - 2013 Golf CitiRox 1.4i 2009
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Trendline to Comfortline headlights conversion

Post by Howie-WP »

Surely High beam and Low beam can not be on at the same time? You use either at one time, not both at the same time...... or am I misunderstanding?
spdgti
Cadet

Post by spdgti »

H4 vs H7,H1 bulbs?

Check the wiring, you will need to create a link to the highbeam of the C/F bulb, as all the connections are on a single three pin connector on the T/L bulb.

edit: oops mis-read you initial problem :oops:
Last edited by spdgti on Tue May 19, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'08 06 Magma Orange Cross Polo

ex: Reflex Silver GTi-R
spdgti
Cadet

Post by spdgti »

Howie-WP wrote:Surely High beam and Low beam can not be on at the same time? You use either at one time, not both at the same time...... or am I misunderstanding?
Yes they can, when 'brights' are selected, but sometimes highbeam won't work if foglamps are on?
'08 06 Magma Orange Cross Polo

ex: Reflex Silver GTi-R
liquidsnake
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6R

Post by liquidsnake »

Thanks to the responses guys... I notice that the twin halogen headlight on my wifes comfortline polo,has both lights switch on and this issue is probably because my switch or wiring loom is different. I will just have to drive like that with one on, its not like high beams are used too often together with low beam. @spdgti I will look into asking an auto electrician but for nw i dont think i can link those 2 on my own
Current Ride: 2013 - Present Polo 6r 1.4 2012
Previous Rides: 2009 - 2013 Golf CitiRox 1.4i 2009