Mythbusters.

Dub rox
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Citi sport 1.4i

Re: Mythbusters.

Post by Dub rox »

MarshallGTi wrote:Older Citi's yes, but i think theres a sequence to the switches. Have had to do it to a mates car after a night of brandy and a lost set of keys.
Ok. So this is possible..... Heard the rumers and wondered if it was at all possible. Perhaps someone else whould like to expand on this myth/fact and why this happens? Maybe a overload on the circuits and then she starts Image

Sent from my VFD320 using Tapatalk

OCD is not a disability is the ability to get it perfect
RedBeard
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 6 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Mk1 2-door Golf

Post by RedBeard »

MarshallGTi wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:17 pm Older Citi's yes, but i think theres a sequence to the switches. Have had to do it to a mates car after a night of brandy and a lost set of keys.
For REAL... hahaha learn something everyday :lol:
Daily : 2011 Toyota Aygo 1.0 (Tiny)
Soon-To-Be-Project : 1981 VW Golf 2-door (Unikorn)
Link for slow build - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=208217

Ex : 2005 Hayundai Getz 1.3(Chuckie)
buffyza
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by buffyza »

Not so much of a myth more of a peave...

Rabbits... its not a friggin rabbit.
Mav1424
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mav1424 »

Hi everyone, I hope someone could please help me. I have a 2004 citi golf with a 2007 fuel injection motor, the car is carburetor instead of fuel injection though, so my problem is when I try and start my car it starts and revs up but when I take it for a drive then the car just cuts out like it's not getting fuel, I had the problem before and I just put a direct fuel connection from the fuel pump to the carburetor and the car drove but it was too heavy on fuel without the fuel return connected, so I took it into a mechanic and he connected everything the way it should be and still the car doesn't want to ride properly and now I don't know what the problem could be or what to do anymore, I have put a brand new return filter, new pipes, cleaned out the carb. I am also using a electric fuel pump instead of the mechanic fuel pump, so does anyone know what the problem could be or why the car drives with a straight connection but just dies as soon as you connect the return filter, please guys I need as much help as I can because I haven't been able to drive my car in a very long time, and what makes it worse is that when it was by the mechanic they stole my brand new bbs mag and Tyre.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Mav1424 wrote:Hi everyone, I hope someone could please help me. I have a 2004 citi golf with a 2007 fuel injection motor, the car is carburetor instead of fuel injection though, so my problem is when I try and start my car it starts and revs up but when I take it for a drive then the car just cuts out like it's not getting fuel, I had the problem before and I just put a direct fuel connection from the fuel pump to the carburetor and the car drove but it was too heavy on fuel without the fuel return connected, so I took it into a mechanic and he connected everything the way it should be and still the car doesn't want to ride properly and now I don't know what the problem could be or what to do anymore, I have put a brand new return filter, new pipes, cleaned out the carb. I am also using a electric fuel pump instead of the mechanic fuel pump, so does anyone know what the problem could be or why the car drives with a straight connection but just dies as soon as you connect the return filter, please guys I need as much help as I can because I haven't been able to drive my car in a very long time, and what makes it worse is that when it was by the mechanic they stole my brand new bbs mag and Tyre.
Get a better mechanic.

A Citi golf regardless of configuration is a simple thing to fix.

Sorry about your bad luck. Read first line again.

There should be a little valve in the return line that sorts it out.
Also the fuel accumulator can fail causing similar problems
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Mav1424
Enlisted

Post by Mav1424 »

Okay so what do you think would be the best solution to the problem.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

A fucjing mechanic.

Can you read?
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Mav1424
Enlisted

Post by Mav1424 »

I have tried a few mechanics and they all let me down, that's why I am trying to get a better answer on this forum, there is no need for fowl language
volcan
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 6 months

Post by volcan »

buffyza wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 pm Not so much of a myth more of a sizzling hot deluxe...

Rabbits... its not a friggin rabbit.
Agree.
Gert van Staden
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by Gert van Staden »

I like this one.

There is no substitute for displacemint
:troll:
CGDP
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 4 months
Car Model: Golf MK4 TDI

Post by CGDP »

Follow
Bertram
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Bertram »

What about throwing mothballs in your tank to boost performance..????
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Post by Jetta2 »

Bertram wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:33 pm What about throwing mothballs in your tank to boost performance..????
One of THE biggest myths in the history of engines.

Older type of mothballs contain plenty naphthalene and actually decreases the performance because the naphthalene causes petrol to burn more slowly and it decreases the octane level of petrol.
Newer mothballs have dichlorobenzene in them and when mixed with petrol produces quite a bit of hydroclauric acid and will literally slowly dissolve everything from your fuel tank to your engine.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
BAKUZA
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by BAKUZA »

Helo?

can someone help me ,i got problem with my POLO Classic 1.6 BAH ENGINE ,mixed water and oil in BOTTLE WATER,first we thought it was problem of head or block both have been checked by engineers and found both of are perfect!! and new Heard Gasket been also put,so after fixing the car one Day only same problem raised !oil in bottle of water!! My POLO is Classic 1.6,BAH does not have oil coolent on the oil filter fitting !!please advise what to do? no water in simple!! please advise!!
Bakuza