Registered for: 16 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Scirocco 2.0TSI dsg
Membership No: 1343

Re: PD130 Injectors

Post by ruan9n »

Neuk wrote:
serwill wrote:
Sensorei wrote:But I do remember guys on tdiclub (think it eas there) saying those PD100/PD105 injectors are good for 200bhp.
I am not sure that's correct. I've made a bit of reading on the subject and apparently they max out at 150-165bhp (170 for guys that are really pushing it) :bang:
ATW or ATF? My TDi made 149.5hp ATW on Saturday and I have seen MeanTDI's make 180hp ATW on the same dyno, a long time ago, and we are both running stock PD130 injectors...
serwill wrote:
Sensorei wrote:But you can get to 140kw with the usual upgrades the guys here with a bigger turbo.
Even with a turbo upgrade i would get to a maximum of about 120kw (And that's me being VERY optimistic) because of the power the injectors can handle. Ruan9n's injectors are almost maxed out at 110kw. So I guess it'll be the same for mines.
What engine have you go again? Ruan's running stock PD100 injectors...

He has a 1.9tdi highline (pd100) and also has dreams like me of having a lambo thrashing TDI :lol:

Dieseltorquetdi seems to have reach the KW threshold of what a 1.9 will do. Even with a complete pd160 makeover you'll end at 155-160kw 500-550nm cant see that it would do anymore.
Candy white Scirocco 2.0TSI DSG StormtrooperXL 195kw 456nm @ stealth
Revo stage 2, Revo 76mm dp, Revo throttle pipe, APR 1&2 Carbonio intake, Neuspeed hiflow discharge pipe, H&R springs, 19" RS3 wheels, R8 coils, Iridiums, BSH dogbone insert, TTRS lca's, R interior.

Ex: Golf 6 GTI aka "pepper" 252hp 420nm
Ex: Golf 5 GTI aka "stormtrooper" 190kw 390nm
Ex: 9n Polo TDI sportline "The cupra polo" 125kw 430nm
Ex: Some other polos
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

ruan9n wrote:He has a 1.9tdi highline (pd100) and also has dreams like me of having a lambo thrashing TDI :lol:
Keep dreaming :moon:
ruan9n wrote:Dieseltorquetdi seems to have reach the KW threshold of what a 1.9 will do. Even with a complete pd160 makeover you'll end at 155-160kw 500-550nm cant see that it would do anymore.
I presume you mean ATW? And no, there is more to be had as he hasn't even reached into the realm of hybrid turbo's, larger injectors, LPG/NOS/WMI, etc. But I also wonder what the practical limit is as wear and tear items obviously don't last forever...
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

Yes ATW and his is a daily drive aswell.
Wont go near NOS on a TDI or LPG, LPG is a lot bigger overseas afaik.
This is all pd160 orientated stuff as its cost effective and pretty much bolt-on stuff. Are there larger injectors available for a PD polo larger than pd130/160?

Would be nice to see some touareg stuff on a polo i.e. INJECTORS and its VNT20. Pair that with a HUGE fmic, WMI and 63mm turboback and a very sorted induction-200kw? who knows what the possibilities are of what a 1.9tdi can handle without opening the engine :evil:
Revo stage 2, Revo 76mm dp, Revo throttle pipe, APR 1&2 Carbonio intake, Neuspeed hiflow discharge pipe, H&R springs, 19" RS3 wheels, R8 coils, Iridiums, BSH dogbone insert, TTRS lca's, R interior.

Sinbad
Post Whore
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Car Make: Mercedes
Car Model: R170 AMG Hairdryer
Membership No: 1152

Post by Sinbad »

ruan9n wrote: Would be nice to see some touareg stuff on a polo i.e. INJECTORS and its VNT20. Pair that with a HUGE fmic, WMI and 63mm turboback and a very sorted induction-200kw?
Well, I'm part of the way there... ;)
Anyone got a VNT20 and some Touareg injectors for me? :D

katotter wrote:Geezus, I wanna be his girfriend.
ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

:lol: me too if you look at it that way :lol:
exhaust,fmic, induction :lol:

What about WMI? I'm too scared to run it at the moment! WMI wont make my injectors or turbo work any harder right?

Sinbad
Post Whore

Post by Sinbad »

ruan9n wrote::lol: me too if you look at it that way :lol:

What about WMI? I'm too scared to run it at the moment! WMI wont make my injectors or turbo work any harder right?
Properly matched and setup WMI will make your turbo have an easier time - lower EGTs. Your rinjectors may work harder though, as there is higher charge density in the cylinder therefore the ECU can request more fuel...

I had it on my volvo, had no problems until the accessory belt sliced through the water feed line which had somehow worked loose from where it was stashed...

I have heard horror stories of systems not shutting off properly and pumping the throttle hose full of water overnight, resulting in the need for a new engine the next morning, though.

ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

Sinbad wrote:

Properly matched and setup WMI will make your turbo have an easier time - lower EGTs. Your rinjectors may work harder though, as there is higher charge density in the cylinder therefore the ECU can request more fuel...

I had it on my volvo, had no problems until the accessory belt sliced through the water feed line which had somehow worked loose from where it was stashed...

I have heard horror stories of systems not shutting off properly and pumping the throttle hose full of water overnight, resulting in the need for a new engine the next morning, though.
This is what I have heard also, as the afrikaans saying goes- liewer bang jan as dooie jan! Was looking into it as its the last mod I can do thats not related to changing the turbo or injectors :bang:

Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

ruan9n wrote:Yes ATW and his is a daily drive aswell.
Wont go near NOS on a TDI or LPG, LPG is a lot bigger overseas afaik.
This is all pd160 orientated stuff as its cost effective and pretty much bolt-on stuff. Are there larger injectors available for a PD polo larger than pd130/160?

Would be nice to see some touareg stuff on a polo i.e. INJECTORS and its VNT20. Pair that with a HUGE fmic, WMI and 63mm turboback and a very sorted induction-200kw? who knows what the possibilities are of what a 1.9tdi can handle without opening the engine :evil:
Have a look at the link I posted earlier :wink: VNT20+, Injectors/Nozzles, LPG, NOS, FMIC, etc, etc has all been done before :wink: On a Skoda, not a Polo, but it was a daily until recently, as far as I have heard and it made 260hp ATF... I won't risk a lot of modifications on my daily as I need the car, but one day hope to have a TDI testbed...
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

Sinbad wrote:

Yep, WMI works well when it works as it should but is risky if something goes wrong...
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
serwill
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by serwill »

g60 golf wrote:Give me injector part numbers you looking for and i can see if i can find sme and a good price for you.
You will have to do remap the car like the guys said as there is no lambda probe to correct the amount of fuel being injected.

Only the new pd and common rail systems have lambda with 4x exhuast gas temp sensors to correct and adjust fueling and timming.
Neuk wrote:ATW or ATF? My TDi made 149.5hp ATW on Saturday and I have seen MeanTDI's make 180hp ATW on the same dyno, a long time ago, and we are both running stock PD130 injectors...
That's at the wheel Nic.

Thanks man but i got the injectors already... From an A4 1.9 TDI. Trying to get a turbo as well but i think i'll go the PD130 route. Dont want to put too much strain on my engines pistons, conrods and on my clutch. So think i'll stick to about 125-130kw :wink: You guys think that'll be alright?
ruan9n wrote:He has a 1.9tdi highline (pd100) and also has dreams like me of having a lambo thrashing TDI
U got that right Ruan :lol:
Current ride: 2008 Polo GTD. Dimsport remap, FMIC, K&N Performance air filter, De-Cat Exhaust. 105Kw, 360Nm

My ride's thread:http://vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=98829
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

serwill wrote:
Neuk wrote:ATW or ATF? My TDi made 149.5hp ATW on Saturday and I have seen MeanTDI's make 180hp ATW on the same dyno, a long time ago, and we are both running stock PD130 injectors...
That's at the wheel Nic.
Sounds a bit low seeing what I made, what MeanTDI has made and what DieselTorque is making and none of us have upgraded injectors...
serwill wrote:Thanks man but i got the injectors already... From an A4 1.9 TDI. Trying to get a turbo as well but i think i'll go the PD130 route. Dont want to put too much strain on my engines pistons, conrods and on my clutch. So think i'll stick to about 125-130kw :wink: You guys think that'll be alright?
Don't forget the PD100 Sportline has smaller CV's, sideshafts and brakes than a PD130 Sportline :wink:
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
Sensorei
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: Scirocco 2.0TSI DSG

Post by Sensorei »

ruan9n wrote:My point of view is- my turbo boosts 1.6 because my ECU requests 1.6, if I fit a pd160 turbo which is much larger it will stil boost 1.6 as that is what the ECU requests it will not boost 1.8 because its bigger. It will just work less harder. This is how i'm seeing the injector debate.
Ruan I assume you just using 1.6 bar as an example right? What bar/psi does your turbo boost at (sustained not spike) to get that 110kw of goodness out of a pd100? I know you have the other mods as well but I'm wondering how much I'd need to strain my turbo get the same power with fmic+intake+zaust. My KP39 boosts to around the same safe limit as the vnt15.
His: '12 Scirocco 2.0TSI DSG (Silver Leaf)
Hers: '15 Golf SV 1.4TSI DSG (White)
serwill
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by serwill »

Neuk wrote:Sounds a bit low seeing what I made, what MeanTDI has made and what DieselTorque is making and none of us have upgraded injectors...
That's from stock PD100 injectors. you guys are running PD130 injectors if im not mistaken
Neuk wrote:Don't forget the PD100 Sportline has smaller CV's
What's CV's?
Current ride: 2008 Polo GTD. Dimsport remap, FMIC, K&N Performance air filter, De-Cat Exhaust. 105Kw, 360Nm

My ride's thread:http://vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=98829
ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

Sensorei wrote:
ruan9n wrote:My point of view is- my turbo boosts 1.6 because my ECU requests 1.6, if I fit a pd160 turbo which is much larger it will stil boost 1.6 as that is what the ECU requests it will not boost 1.8 because its bigger. It will just work less harder. This is how i'm seeing the injector debate.
Ruan I assume you just using 1.6 bar as an example right? What bar/psi does your turbo boost at (sustained not spike) to get that 110kw of goodness out of a pd100? I know you have the other mods as well but I'm wondering how much I'd need to strain my turbo get the same power with fmic+intake+zaust. My KP39 boosts to around the same safe limit as the vnt15.
Thats dimsport for you! Yes my car boosts 1.6 from what has been derived from my logs :driving: :hi:

Sensorei
Cadet

Post by Sensorei »

ruan9n wrote:
Sensorei wrote:
Thats dimsport for you! Yes my car boosts 1.6 from what has been derived from my logs :driving: :hi:
Ouch 1.6 bar is high! 23psi! You sure thats not what your boosts spikes/peaks at? That is around the upper safe limit of a VNT17 :eek: I'm confused now coz I have read all over that VNT15s and KP39s should not :eek: be remapped to boost over 19-20psi MAX! :shock: But I know Trevor knows what he is doing. Hmmmm. 19psi would spike to about 23psi I'd think. I hope thats whats going on. I also want 110kw but I was hoping to boost around 19/20psi. :cry:
ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

You have a G5 1.9tdi and it goes to 2.0tdi power when remapped (103kw) cant see that you cant makje that up with exhaust and intake mods also doing something about the fmic that sits inbetween the radiators :bang:

Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

serwill wrote:
Neuk wrote:Sounds a bit low seeing what I made, what MeanTDI has made and what DieselTorque is making and none of us have upgraded injectors...
That's from stock PD100 injectors. you guys are running PD130 injectors if im not mistaken
Aaaah - Gotcha :wink: Thought you said that was max with the PD130 injectors...
serwill wrote:
Neuk wrote:Don't forget the PD100 Sportline has smaller CV's
What's CV's?
CV's are a joint from the gearbox to the driveshaft, and then from teh driveshaft to the hub if I am not mistaken...

http://www.automedia.com/CV_Rehab/ccr20021101cv/1
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

Sensorei wrote:
ruan9n wrote:
Sensorei wrote:Ruan I assume you just using 1.6 bar as an example right? What bar/psi does your turbo boost at (sustained not spike) to get that 110kw of goodness out of a pd100? I know you have the other mods as well but I'm wondering how much I'd need to strain my turbo get the same power with fmic+intake+zaust. My KP39 boosts to around the same safe limit as the vnt15.
Ouch 1.6 bar is high! 23psi! You sure thats not what your boosts spikes/peaks at? That is around the upper safe limit of a VNT17 :eek: I'm confused now coz I have read all over that VNT15s and KP39s should not :eek: be remapped to boost over 19-20psi MAX! :shock: But I know Trevor knows what he is doing. Hmmmm. 19psi would spike to about 23psi I'd think. I hope thats whats going on. I also want 110kw but I was hoping to boost around 19/20psi. :cry:
Then you won't like boost levels on a remapped VNT1749Va or Vb for that matter :crazy: Logged mine last week and she is at around 1.7 bar and mapped a certain someone's standard Ibiza Cupra TDi last night, and saw 1.5 bar...
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
ruan9n
Post Whore

Post by ruan9n »

Dazza's??? Trevor?

Nic, your doing a constant 1.7 so your spike would be 2?
The spike is only in the 1st 2gears right? And if I understand correctly the spike is the turbo killer (causes the overspin)?

Sinbad
Post Whore

Post by Sinbad »

Neuk wrote:
Then you won't like boost levels on a remapped VNT1749Va or Vb for that matter :crazy: Logged mine last week and she is at around 1.7 bar and mapped a certain someone's standard Ibiza Cupra TDi last night, and saw 1.5 bar...
Certain maps take the Cupras to 1.9bar :evil:

BatteryWorldPtaEast
Lieutenant
Car Model: Polo TDI Sportline
Membership No: 1572

Post by BatteryWorldPtaEast »

Normal driving - between 1and 1.5 bar ,
crusing - between 0.5 and 1 bar ,
hard driving - between 1.5 and 2 bar ,
flat foot - over 2 bar .

That is on the gauge ,so i dont know how acurate.
Daily drive : Polo TDI Sportline 180 Hp 349 Nm ATW (Trevor's Custom Map) At Night Dyno
Wife's : 1.9 Tdi Touran
Son's : Cross Polo 1.6 Tdi
Sensorei
Cadet

Post by Sensorei »

Neuk wrote:Then you won't like boost levels on a remapped VNT1749Va or Vb for that matter :crazy: Logged mine last week and she is at around 1.7 bar and mapped a certain someone's standard Ibiza Cupra TDi last night, and saw 1.5 bar...
VNT15s should not be boosting 1.6 bar. That is crazy :crazy: VNT17b can do that with no risk so of course I'd love that! :) But R6500 for Revo at Ferroli and R7400 for Dimsport here in Cape Town almost made me vomit. The search for a tuner continues.
Ramster
Knob of the Day
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Ramster »

Id say do
STO
my 14.7 1/4mile speaks for itself

running STO stage 2 for a year no problems so far :driving: :driving: :driving:
Polo TD 151kw 525nm
14.7 1/4mile 158kph
STO TUNED
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

ruan9n wrote:Dazza's??? Trevor?
We sorting through the data and then he will reveal himself :wink:
ruan9n wrote:Nic, your doing a constant 1.7 so your spike would be 2?
The spike is only in the 1st 2gears right? And if I understand correctly the spike is the turbo killer (causes the overspin)?
I'll have to check my logs again but I can't remember seeing over 1.7 bar...
Current Garage:

Previous Garage:
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Neuk »

Sinbad wrote:
Neuk wrote:
Certain maps take the Cupras to 1.9bar :evil:
I can believe that if they running 1.5 bar stock...
Current Garage:

Previous Garage: