2nd gear on polo GTI

Jueshen
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: 2nd gear on polo GTI

Post by Jueshen »

Hi All!

i got my pgti back from VW, car feels much better, and gear changes somehow smoother through all gears, took it for 1 run and no grind! right now i'm very happy but will have to do a few more runs to be completely sure :wink:
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
Eurodyne! 230WHP & 390NM @ KAR 2016 - without OB
2013 Honda Ballade Elegance
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1994 Honda Ballade 150 Luxline
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
2007 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
MarcoPolo
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years

Post by MarcoPolo »

Iv'e found that this happens when your too fast with your snap changes....more specifically the clutch. Press in the clutch....snap change....make sure the gear is in & then let go of the clutch.....My PGTI did this in second because I started lifting of the clutch before the gear was completely in second. Well at least that's what mine did :lol: Maybe you guys have a different problem.
CAR: VW POLO GTI

MODS:
FRC PHASE 2 REMAP
VIPER 63 MM DOWNPIPE & TURBO-BACK PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
30 MM EIBACH SUSPENSION
JE DESIGN EYELIDS
25th AE GTI EMBLEMS

98% of people hate Jeremy Clarkson. If you are part of the 2% which doesn't, put this in your sig.
maranou
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by maranou »

maranou wrote:1. plolo GTi have 02j box and use castrol bot 150m(is a full syntetic 75w/90 oil comes in 500ml R80 exspensive need 500mlx4=2l)pleas do not use normal 75w/90 becaus oil must last life of the box/car and
2.02j box has a 3part sincro's 2nd gear has a outer sincro with inner ring and inner syncro cost R1100 if one gives K@k you will have grind in 2nd

as seen on fig no 16.17.18

Check inner ring for wear by pressing ring onto 2nd gear cone
and measuring gap "a" with feeler gauge. Normal dimension is .03-.05"
(.75-1.25 mm). Wear limit is .01" (.3 mm). See Fig

3.Can some one with pgti pleas put car in first ingage the clutch and release the brake and hanbrake on level surface and rev to limiter and check if car moves forward.What hapens on 2l16v with copper clutch and vr6 pressure plate the pressure plate resonace on high reves and touches the clutch letting car move forward can be same on pgti,but have heard some golf4gti have viscous clutch and not sure what pgti have.
If this hapens then when you in 1st and ingage clutch to select 2nd on high rev it's the same than changing without ingaging clutch :shock:
Can some one with pgti pleas try what I said in red and give feedback
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 11&t=72987
With good advice and bad spelling.
Golf 2l16vT 320kw 520nm
1/4mile @ 12.2 kilarney 2011
800m @ 233km/h
LIFEWPCT
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf 4 GTi

Post by LIFEWPCT »

Oh damn i have a 2003 golf 4 gti and it started doing the grinding in second gear, the mounting by the gearbox was broken fitted a new one and its still grinding... guess i have to start with the oil change, any ideas where to find decent oil in cape town for the golf? i tried autozone and the salesman wanted to give me castrol of R30. he was like this is quality yet the others i saw online is over a r100 a liter.

any idea where else to get the oil from?
**************************************************************************************
Current Ride:

2003 Golf 4 GTi

Previous Rides:

2001 Citi life 1.6i
2008 Velociti 1.6i (written off)
Stompie
Boostleak Guru
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: 2006 120D
Membership No: 1843

Post by Stompie »

Get Liqui Molly or Motul Gear 300
BMW 120D E87
Ex: 07' Polo GTI 1.8T Rides Thread Here
LIFEWPCT
Cadet

Post by LIFEWPCT »

I called autozone, goldwagen , economic motor spares, i tried different branches as well and everyone only has castrol 75w 90...
**************************************************************************************
Current Ride:

2003 Golf 4 GTi

Previous Rides:

2001 Citi life 1.6i
RPGTI
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Model: '13 PGTI DSG
Membership No: missing

Post by RPGTI »

I have castrol in mine and it works 100% as long as its synthetic which the castrol is.
'13 Flash Red Polo GTI
Ex.
'08 Flash Red Polo GTI
TDifly
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by TDifly »

I had the same prob on my TDi S/L and I got worried so I tried the motul oil and my got it feels like a brand new box, doesn't make that noise even if you try to make it

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using tapatalk
LIFEWPCT
Cadet

Post by LIFEWPCT »

Changed the oil last week, couldnt find anything else so i bought the castrol synthetic , it was R70 for a 500ml. grinding went away instantly and no problems so far after a week already, the gears changes way better now than it did before even, changes even better once the car is warm
Current Ride:

2003 Golf 4 GTi

Previous Rides:

2001 Citi life 1.6i