Nos without turbo - Possible or not?

jsk
Cadet
Registered for: 21 years 8 months

Post by jsk »

I was wondering if it would be possible to fit Nos in a N/A car.And with 8v head?Or do you need 16v and a turbo?I know that it would be better with a turbo,but what if you don't have one?

Could anyone please give me advice on this?Do you need a EFI system and how much would a NOs conversion be if its possible on a N/A CAR??

Meet the Minogue sisters:{Kylie} Golf MK2 GTi 1.8 8v evo2 (103bhp on wheels @ Big Z)
{Danni} Golf MK2 GTi 2.0 16VT (future project)
Slowboat
Lieutenant

Post by Slowboat »

Yep, you can install NOS without a turbo. A good NOS system is about from R6500.00 and up. You can also vary the power that you want by changing the fogger sizes. Try go for a four fogger system (for the 4cyl motor). They are a bit on the expensive side. But do the job properly first time.
If you're behind, you're slow. If you're in front, you're in my way.

panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Yes you can install NOS on anything that looks like a motor. With carbs 2 stroke - N/A turbo your lawnmower etc.etc. You also don't need much in the line of management depending on how it is done. Depending on how much you want to make etc. it better to use a 4 fogger system on the K-jet type manifolds as the distribution is not so 'lekker' on those. What happens is that you are spraying fuel and NOS in the correct mixture in the good systems so you don't need additional management etc. Might need an EFI type fuel pump to supply the fuel if your car is not injection.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
NOS TRADAMUS

Post by NOS TRADAMUS »

Hi guys

jsk sorry 2 rob ur post like this man

Stephan would mp9 be able to handle NOS and if so is there anything to change

another thing a buudy of mine's brother in law had NOS on his VR6 , when he had a accident with the car it was a write off , so when he claimed from insurance they never paid him out , the insurance company said that they r not paying him out bcause of the NOS in his car

So is that true that u cannot insure if it has NOS

Schweet :cool:
B.O.B. (JHB)
Lieutenant

Post by B.O.B. (JHB) »

Don't know about NOS, but I think if you want to be covered you have to tell your Insurance company what you are running and not running. Will be pushing your insurance premiums up. :;):
Mazda 3 2.0i Dynamic - Full House
Membership #: 0233
Mail: bbottin@gmail.com
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

nostradamus I thought the post was kinda clear that it does not matter what management you run when you shoot NOS. The management does not have anything to do with it - that is why you can use it on basically any petrol internal combustion engine. You open 2 solenoids when the NOS is activated - one delivers fuel and the other gas. They arrive at the nozzle mixed in the correct ratio so the management has nothing to do with it. You get management computers that will control NOS so that it is progressive etc. but still is loose standing from the stock management. There are some problems realted to NOS like you should never hit the limiter while spraying nos etc. but I won't comment on those.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Gassed
Cadet

Post by Gassed »

There are some problems realted to NOS like you should never hit the limiter while spraying nos etc. but I won't comment on those.

And neither will i comment on the above...... :p
Insanity Helps.....
SEAT20i16v
Captain

Post by SEAT20i16v »

Gassed wrote:
There are some problems realted to NOS like you should never hit the limiter while spraying nos etc. but I won't comment on those.

And neither will i comment on the above...... :p
no need to comment Gassed, as i saw all the shopping trolleys run for cover as you turned of the highway in front of the E.R.M. the other day :p

Must say, the car -Uno- sounded very well sorted (even with the SB idling behind my headrest) :D
2012 3.2XLT Ford Ranger
2010 LR Disco 4 V8 HSE
2006 Audi RS4
1991 Opel Superboss (Group N)
1991 Opel Superboss (w.i.p racecar)
1990 Opel Superboss (road)
Frederic

Post by Frederic »

And neither will i comment on the above......

Wouldn't have anything to do with Tarlton? :laugh:

Still have to give it to you, that baby flies! :angry:
Gassed
Cadet

Post by Gassed »

sounded very well sorted

Thanx Seat she's running lekker now, had a management fitted and set up by Shane at Top Sport last week....

Wouldn't have anything to do with Tarlton?

The word Tarlton gives me goose bumps, i think if it wasn't for the helmut i would have been a bit deaf today.... sh!t it was loud !!! :D

As the big NOS golfie boy (Jaco) said this sun night, if your running NOS get rid of the limiter..... :p Now the problem is to stop it from reving over 9000rpm... :D
Insanity Helps.....