How does it work?

Golfie

Post by Golfie »

Howzit guys. Once again I'm in need of assistance. With all gti's there's a small on borad diagnostic display in the dash, my problem is I don't know all their functions, for example the 'km/h' section, does it display an average speed your traveling or what.I know it might sound like a stupid question, but the truth is I don't know everything :D . When purchasing my car, I never received the manual. Any input is welcome. LATER :laugh:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

The functions there are controlled by the buttons on the right stalk. There is the push button on the end which scrolls throught the set and there is a set button which has 1 and 2 on it. Set1 is current and set 2 is a history. Both can be reset by pushing that set button in the direction of 1 or 2 and holding for a few seconds. The displays are: time since last reset - distance travelled - average speed travelled - average fuel consumption since reset - oil temp - Outside temp. The current set resets itself after the ignition has been switched off for longer than 2 hrs. History resets I think after something like 2000 hrs of recorded time.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.