Red vr6 - Is it turbo'ed?

GolfMKslow

Post by GolfMKslow »

On my way to the local pub in DiepRiver (jeremiahs) for some wonderful live entertainmentI noticed the following
Red VR6 CA346745 with colourcoded interior (red door panels etc), m3style mirrors jamex racing susp, momo mags, etc etc etc now I was with my friend and he noticed a vent in the right hand side of the bonnet. Now he asked what it is for, I said that it is to allow better airflow into his filter...now come to think of it I was wondering if anyof you know this car/driver...and is it just for the filter or might there be an intercooler lurking underneath?

how many vr6 turbo's are lurking around CPT these days? surely not terribly many?

Eitherway the car looked tight, very clean and two very big thumbs up for the driver...one day ill take u on ;) in looks and speed muhaha

- MkSlow
Mk3GTi
Cadet

Post by Mk3GTi »

Thats was a friend of mine's brother's VR6. I know he was trying to sell it and I saw it out a few nights ago so I think he may have sold it. I'm going around there today and will find out. As far as I know the motors pretty standard, definitely no turbo's of the sort. Car's been nicely done and was apparently featured in CAR magazine when it was originally finished. The scoop on the bonnet is above a JAMMEX cone type filter and should flow air to the filter but the shape of the scoop doesn't really actually scoop air onto the filter so I think it's more for the look then anything else.

Justin
GolfMKslow

Post by GolfMKslow »

cool, if he has sold it id be interested to know for how much??!

pity i didnt get there first.....

- MkSlow
JaMMeX
Captain

Post by JaMMeX »

Its a Standard Vr , but looks very very nice!!! Seen him driving around the southern subs plenty of times , and I even got a dice thrown in ..hehe but it does look awsome , how much he sell it for and why?

later

JaMMeX
Bruce Carlstein
Ferroli Motorsport
Membership No#: CT556
Western Cape REVO Slutt

Ex Rides:
1989 MK II 1800 16V Turbo- 165kw | 310nm @ 0.5 bar
2000 MKIV GTi - GT28RS Turbo- 223kw | 360nm @ 1bar
fismail
Lieutenant

Post by fismail »

Mk3GTi wrote:Thats was a friend of mine's brother's VR6. I know he was trying to sell it and I saw it out a few nights ago so I think he may have sold it. I'm going around there today and will find out. As far as I know the motors pretty standard, definitely no turbo's of the sort. Car's been nicely done and was apparently featured in CAR magazine when it was originally finished. The scoop on the bonnet is above a JAMMEX cone type filter and should flow air to the filter but the shape of the scoop doesn't really actually scoop air onto the filter so I think it's more for the look then anything else.

Justin
Read this please !

CA5248 for sale , Blue Golf Vr6 , Bloomsbury !!!!!!
98 VW Citi Golf Chico Lux - written off
99 VW Polo Classic - sold
01 BMW 320d/M sportpack / topaz blue - sold
01 BMW 325ci/M sportpack / topaz blue - sold
01 BMW 325i/M facelift sportpack / titan silver - writeoff
05 BMW 330d/A exclusive pack - mystic blue - current