RenaldoGouws
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo GTi

2012 VW Polo GTI - Two Problems

Post by RenaldoGouws »

Hi there,

Bought a 2012 VW Polo GTi about a month ago. Absolutely love the car and am blown away with the all-round drive and value for money. With that being said I have two problems that I would like to get clarity on from the community.

1. When I put my foot on the accelerator I hear a sharp whining noise for a split second and it goes away when the car starts accelerating or when I take my foot off the accelerator. There seems to be about a 1-second delay from when I put my foot on the accelerator, not sure if the delay is normal or not but I know the whining sound is definitely not normal. It happens in any gear, as soon as I put my foot on the accelerator it whines for a split second.

2. My coolant temperature stays at 90 degrees most of the time but will suddenly and without warning go up to 110 and then go back to 90. This happens on cold days, warm days, when I am idling, or when I am driving. The problem is today it went to 120 and then my engine light came on now and won't go away. There was no loss in power or anything. The car drives normally but yet the engine light is on. The coolant level is fine, the oil temp is fine so no idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMpmJEu75P0

I have a suspicion that both problems might be related but not sure. Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Cheers
Preggz
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 6 months
Car Model: 06 Velociti & 13 6r PGti

Re: 2012 VW Polo GTI - Two Problems

Post by Preggz »

Hey Bud,
The Whining noise could be a vacuum leak. check all the vacuum/air pipes there are quite a few.
The temperature problem could be your water pump related Thermostat. But i think on the PGti 6r they change the water pump.
LöW Ridër Velociti
JOMs FTW
Reflex Sliver Polo 6R GTI
HnR Springs
Dp
Forge Intake
SW (Dark Arts)
RenaldoGouws
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 9 months
Car Model: Polo GTi

Re: 2012 VW Polo GTI - Two Problems

Post by RenaldoGouws »

Thanks for the feedback, I sent it back to the dealer so will let you guys know what it was as soon as it is fixed.

Cheers