Wheel Whore
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: VW,Audi
Car Model: Vw MK1 Life, (6kw Tdi, Audi B7
Membership No: 3062

RS4 Rims on B7 Issues

Post by Leeboy »

Good day everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I recently bought OEM 19"RS4 Audi rims and replaced the 18" OEM rims. The rims are straight, no buckles ect. All the rims are balanced with new Goodyear F1 Eagle tyres. The problem I'm having is that the rims have a vibration between 80 - 120 Km/h. I have gotten pickets made for the rims to sit flush as the RS4 hubs are bigger than my B7.

The 19"rims look soooo good, really want to make this work. Anyone with experiences like this? Any assistance would be appreciated
LeeBoy
TimeShifter
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2012 Mk6 GTi
Membership No: missing

Re: RS4 Rims on B7 Issues

Post by TimeShifter »

Have you tried to remove the pickets?

Assuming you have the previous wheels, if you put them back on is the vibration still there? If yes, then it can be your brake discs are warped, if not then you need to double check that the new wheels aren't buckled

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2012 VW Golf Mk6 GTi
[color=#0000FF]Chuck Norris[/color] wrote: Wadup TimeShifter! Will you please teach me how to do that round house kick again?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

TimeShifter wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:37 pm Have you tried to remove the pickets?
Spigot rings ....

Also, are the spigot rings actually centering the wheel rim on the hub? Does it fit snugly on hub and in wheel rim?
Leeboy
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: VW,Audi
Car Model: Vw MK1 Life, (6kw Tdi, Audi B7
Membership No: 3062

Post by Leeboy »

The spigot rings are snug and specially made, I handed in the rims to get them made. When I fit the 18"rims I don`t have this issue. I Will get them balanced again and see.

Fitting the 19"rims without the spigot rings are impossible
LeeBoy
TimeShifter
Lieutenant
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2012 Mk6 GTi
Membership No: missing

Post by TimeShifter »

If you don't have an issue with the 18" it shows that the issue is with the 19". I'm convinced they are buckled it not balanced, the guy that checked did not do a good job.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2012 VW Golf Mk6 GTi
[color=#0000FF]Chuck Norris[/color] wrote: Wadup TimeShifter! Will you please teach me how to do that round house kick again?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

I'd also check that the spigots are correctly machined, if so has to be the wheels, if your 18" wheels where fine. The rims use the same bolts (both should be radial/ball seat vs connical)?
G-spot
Committee Member
Registered for: 16 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Audi S3 Sedan
Membership No: 1215

Post by G-spot »

Lee, See if you can get someone who does road force balancing there in Bloem, I had the same issue and it will tell you exactly where the problem is. It measures the forces the wheel and tyres put out at speed. Mine turned out to be a slightly bent wheel face. It will also tell you which wheels to use on which corner and what suspension alignment adjustments to make. well worth the R75 per wheel.

Also if you suspect its the spigots send me a whatsapp, I have a set you can have, bought them for the "perfect" RS5 wheels that turned out to be trash :(
Grant Hendry
Membership no.:1215

Current:
2016 Audi S3 Sedan
1978 VW Golf 1100 GL
Ex:
2012 VW Golf GTI Edition 35
2007 VW Golf GTI
2006 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
2012 VW Polo GTI