*URGENT HELP NEEDED* 2017 POLO VIVO GTS AIRBAG LIGHT ON AND UNIDENTIFIED PLUG UNDER STEERING WHEEL

Polow27
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

*URGENT HELP NEEDED* 2017 POLO VIVO GTS AIRBAG LIGHT ON AND UNIDENTIFIED PLUG UNDER STEERING WHEEL

Post by Polow27 »

Good day All,

Please could one of you VW geniuses give me some recommendations on the below:

I have a 2017 Vivo GTS old shape, the Airbag light recently came on after starting the car. I took the vehicle to 2 VW dealerships one of which was kind enough to plug in the VAGCOM and clear the error code so that the light could go off, the technician told me there was no errors except a "Driver side Airbag igniter resistance too high intermittent" fault that showed up but was apparently a common problem on these vehicles. as I drove out of the dealership the light when back on I turned around and the technician advised that I would need to book the vehicle in at a fee of +-R1500. I proceeded home to do some inspection at the plug underneath the driver seat and steering. I found a plug with the inscription " MOLEX 43025" underneath the steering that was just hanging loose and I could not find where it might need to be plugged into. I proceeded to Strydom park VW and all they could say is that the car has to be booked in and the diagnostics would cost R1300 + whatever the repair would be, a technician had a very brief look at the mentioned plug and said "ah it might be for audio or a previous tracker". before I book the car in for a further check can anyone please give some suggestions as to what could be the cause of this airbag light coming on randomly, the error that was found by the VAGCOM and if this connection cable could be linked to the problem?

the car's electronics is 100% OEM, no audio upgrades or anything has been changed.
ChrisMaxx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: *URGENT HELP NEEDED* 2017 POLO VIVO GTS AIRBAG LIGHT ON AND UNIDENTIFIED PLUG UNDER STEERING WHEEL

Post by ChrisMaxx »

Is there any other description on the plug?
Was the vehicle in an accident prior to your ownership?

Good luck, please let us know what you find.
:cool: