mp9 injectors not plusating.

MNRNEL
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years

mp9 injectors not plusating.

Post by MNRNEL »

good day gents.

i did a engine conversion on a caddy to a 1.8 MP9 . did all the wiring based on info i found on this site.
its started but overfuels extremely so bad that if i crank it it floods immediately then i disconnect the pump while cranking and it starts for a sec if i then connect the pump it kills it again. ive replaced the fuel rail. tested the injectors replaced the regulator . then i went back to the wiring, pugged everything out and disconnected power. i then tested all the pin outs on each plug on the loom, evevrything was perfect. i plugged everything back in and tried it again and now i gets no fuel. found the injectors are not being pulsated. by the ECU . it has spark ... so now im lost , everything is stock...

really appreciate any imput at this stage. :twisted: :crazy:
Baldwin02002
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk2 GTS
Membership No: missing

Re: mp9 injectors not plusating.

Post by Baldwin02002 »

Was the injector common power cable connected to +12v and which injectors did you use? Last time when i used digifant injectors they were flooding.
Current:
Mk2 GTS 1.8 --> 2.0 16v MP9 --> Soon to be 2.1 16v MP9 with Throttles
S3 2003 BAM --> Stage 1 with full Exhaust
S4 2004 --> Stock
A3 2010 1.8T Cabrio --> Stock
//////
Previous
Golf Citi 2.0 8v MP9 2007
Jetta 4 V5 10V
Honda CB400 '74
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Membership No: 1041

Post by UDC »

the injectors common +12v comes from the fuel pump relay, so if you disconnected the pump by removing that relay or power to the fuel pump relay the injectors wont get power as well.
over fueling is usually the linked to the 4pin water temp sensor, the wiring maybe correct but maybe the sensor itself is faulty.
MNRNEL
Enlisted

Post by MNRNEL »

Update.
I was being bit of a chop... The test light I had was a bit heavy duty so only of I cranked it for a few seconds would the test light heat up and light up. So the injectors are functional.

BUT my overfueling issue persist. Also it doesn't want to idle at low rpm once it starts it goes up to about 2800rpm and stays there
My 4 pin plug wires are perfect{triple checked and again}:
Pin 1 to pin 17 on ecu
Pin 2 is earthed
Pin 3 to pin 42 on ecu
Pin 4 to dash temp guage

I guess I'll replace the temp sensor if that doesn't work I'll replace the map sensor?
UDC
Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Membership No: 1041

Post by UDC »

MNRNEL wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:04 am Update.
I was being bit of a chop... The test light I had was a bit heavy duty so only of I cranked it for a few seconds would the test light heat up and light up. So the injectors are functional.

BUT my overfueling issue persist. Also it doesn't want to idle at low rpm once it starts it goes up to about 2800rpm and stays there
My 4 pin plug wires are perfect{triple checked and again}:
Pin 1 to pin 17 on ecu
Pin 2 is earthed
Pin 3 to pin 42 on ecu
Pin 4 to dash temp guage

I guess I'll replace the temp sensor if that doesn't work I'll replace the map sensor?
if idle sitting at 2800rpm and timing is set at TDC then could be signs of it sucking air, is the brake booster pipe connected to the intake.....whilst car is idling block the throttle body with you hand, if it still idles then its sucking air else where.....check the throttle body gasket and map sensor for leaks
MNRNEL
Enlisted

Post by MNRNEL »

Conclusion.
i had multiple issues causing all this.

1 replaced the fuel pump to OEM, anything with a higher pressure blows it it brains out.
2 replaced the 4 pin temp sensor, (they can work and still be faulty)
3 replaced the map sensor , (any crack or any defect will make it faulty)

thanks for the help gents
greatly appreciated
Microbus 2.6
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 2001

Post by Microbus 2.6 »

Hi guys please assist i have overfueling issue
Microbus 2.6
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 2001

Post by Microbus 2.6 »

Please explain further how do i resolve
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

You resolve the issue taking the car to a mechanic who has more than half a brain.

Proper diagnosis is needed to determine the reason for the issue. Diagnosing requires some equipment that provide information to the mechanic that will help pinpoint the reason for the issue you are having.

There is not a simple thing that we can tell you that will magically sort out your car, especially with the limited information provided.

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+