2004 polo 9n passanger dock lock problem please help

Vw Polo9n
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

2004 polo 9n passanger dock lock problem please help

Post by Vw Polo9n »

Hi all I know this has been discussed over and over but find anything with a similar problem as mine. really need some help or some input from someone who has had the same problem as I am having. Basically in a nut shell, 2004 polo 9n passanger door lock keep popping up when up go above 15km, I've replaced the lock and it still does the same thing we tried four different lock plus a brand new one when you lock the car from inside or drive and it locks passanger door locks then unlocks. Funny thing is when I use the key to lock the car all doors lock and little red light starts to blink if I use the auto watch alarm remote all doors lock its only if you try lock it from the inside or driving does it pop back up. I've also noticed ignition on open driver or left right passanger door light comes on and not the passanger and left back passenger and those two lock have been changed. I was thing the bcm is faulty but don't know how to check this all cabling looks good if it was a rusty connection it shouldn't work at all?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: 2004 polo 9n passanger dock lock problem please help

Post by Howie-WP »

Having had the "door open" indicator not working on my Touareg, I opened the lock and it was the micro switches that were worn/not working. So yours is either that or some sort of wire break in the switch from these switches. Could also be similar, see here:

https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=161760

viewtopic.php?t=206947

Also check youtube, that's what I used to fix mine. :type:
Vw Polo9n
Enlisted

Post by Vw Polo9n »

Thanks so much for the feed back Howie. I'm guessing more a wire break somewhere cause we tried multiple locks and all did the same.
Vw Polo9n
Enlisted

Post by Vw Polo9n »

I've also tested the two micro switches in the lock and they were working