Audi A3 8P 1.8T EPC error code

Thaabit Martin
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 6 months

Audi A3 8P 1.8T EPC error code

Post by Thaabit Martin »

Hi

I drive an Audi A3 8P 1.8T, and the EPC error code keeps haunting me.

The first time this happened, my mechanic replaced the throttle body and then the car drove perfect for about 10 000 kms. Then the EPC light returned, with the car feeling as if it is starved of fuel at random rmps mainly the lower rpms, the revs jumping when idling and car loosing power as if it is in limp mode. Mechanic then changed the throttle again and the car drove fine for a few days before the EPC error code returned and car having same symptoms of feeling starved etc. He then got a pedal from another car and tested it, and the car drove perfect again for about a day, and then the problem returned yet again. The next issue he advised to tackle would be to plug in a new ECU and from there see if the car drives better and if error returns again.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue?
This problem seems very weird to me as the EPC light is not permanently on, the car will drive fine at times, and at times the EPC light will appear with the above mentioned issues. If I turn car off and on again it usually solves the problem but the epc light will eventually return, sometimes later on during the day or sometimes immediately. Seems like the car has moods lol.

Any advice!