Cruise Control 2019 Caddy

warickwrx
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months

Cruise Control 2019 Caddy

Post by warickwrx »

Hi

I want to know if its possible to add cruise control to a caddy and what is required. The vehicle currently has the multifunction steering wheel ( not sure if this is a problem ). I got VW to check using the vin number but they claim the cruise control cannot be installed on this particular model. I was wondering if there is a work around ?
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Cruise Control 2019 Caddy

Post by missioner »

In theory it's possible to get cruise control to work since VW build their cars in a modular fashion. All the various control units have the capability for all the various systems found on a full house car, they are simply programmed to each car and it's spec.

What you will need to do is first check if your car is equipped with the necessary wiring. This is the crucial part as this is where the biggest differences lie between models. The easiest way to know is if you have access to a car with your desired features and make note of what has changed vs your Caddy.

Once all the parts are in hand and installed it should then be possible to activate the feature using software coding.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
warickwrx
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months

Post by warickwrx »

Thanks yes I would have thought as much. Suppose the real question if the harness from the steering wheel console to ecu is generic in acoss all models of a particular range to allow for modular additions or does the harness differ in some cases. Furthermore would the coding require a re-flash or is it just a simple enabling of the function ?
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

warickwrx wrote:Thanks yes I would have thought as much. Suppose the real question if the harness from the steering wheel console to ecu is generic in acoss all models of a particular range to allow for modular additions or does the harness differ in some cases. Furthermore would the coding require a re-flash or is it just a simple enabling of the function ?
Now those are the questions I cannot answer.

See if you can visit a few car breakers and have a look to see what is different. Be armed with vin information that will help identify vehicle equipment levels.

I suggest speaking to @Chris_FZ from Retrofitters and ask him what he thinks.

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace
Membership No: missing

Post by amstel18 »

Dont know what area you are from, but a lot of VW dealers have places that do retrofits of things like reverse cameras and PDC at their approved fitment centers, keeping the factory warranty in tact.

In Cape town most of the dealers make us of Auto tech systems : https://www.autotechsystems.co.za/shop/ ... -vw-caddy/

The link I posted is for a caddy. Perhaps give them a call and see if they can help or refer you to someone in your area
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
Chris_FZ
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 8 years 10 months
Car Model: 2017 Vw Golf mk7.5 R
Membership No: 2065

Post by Chris_FZ »

missioner wrote:
warickwrx wrote:Thanks yes I would have thought as much. Suppose the real question if the harness from the steering wheel console to ecu is generic in acoss all models of a particular range to allow for modular additions or does the harness differ in some cases. Furthermore would the coding require a re-flash or is it just a simple enabling of the function ?
Now those are the questions I cannot answer.

See if you can visit a few car breakers and have a look to see what is different. Be armed with vin information that will help identify vehicle equipment levels.

I suggest speaking to @Chris_FZ from Retrofitters and ask him what he thinks.

Thank you so much

There are 4 key things needed.

1.New slip ring
2.Mfsw
3.Correct airbag harness
4.Coding

And if you change the steering wheel bite the bullet and go
Mk7 r or gti wheel.
But not the airbag and harness must be from a mk7 gti or r not s mk7.5

Then the buttons must be Polo 6c gti or mk7 Rline

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk