mne_gk
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Golf 7.5R 228KW, Audi S3 228KW

Remove downpipe for service Golf 7.5R?

Post by mne_gk »

Hi All

I've got a 7.5R and recently installed a downpipe on the car, also have a JB4 installed on it. Just wanted to get some info/advise, I know removing the JB before taking it in for a service is a no brainier, but how about the downpipe? will I get some issues from the dealer if I've got a downpipe on my car and I take it in for a service? currently have a 100K maintenance plan on the R + Warranty.

Can anyone please share some past experiences or issues they've experienced from dealers? Also any dealers you can recommend that are "mod friendly" or atleast turn a blind eye. :twisted:
----------------------------------------
Year: 2020
Make: Image
Model: Golf 7.5 Image 228KW
Mods:
Akrapovic Exhaust
Colab Tuning Downpipe
---------------------------------------
Year: 2019
Make: Image
Model: Audi S3 Image 228KW
Mods:
Rouge Performance Resonator Delete
Titleists
Philosopher STIG
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Golf R
Membership No: 1520

Re: Remove downpipe for service Golf 7.5R?

Post by Titleists »

I'd remove the downpipe. But let us know if they flagged your car anyways. I'm hearing conflicting stories about them being able to pick up the JB4.
VCDS changes done by me for a minimal fee

My ex rides:

2013 LHD Scirocco R
2011 Golf 6 GTI
Titleists
Philosopher STIG
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Model: 2016 Golf R
Membership No: 1520

Post by Titleists »

I'd remove the downpipe. But let us know if they flagged your car anyways. I'm hearing conflicting stories about them being able to pick up the JB4.
VCDS changes done by me for a minimal fee

My ex rides:

2013 LHD Scirocco R
2011 Golf 6 GTI
Trishen94
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 6 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk5 gti

Post by Trishen94 »

Titleists wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:10 am I'd remove the downpipe. But let us know if they flagged your car anyways. I'm hearing conflicting stories about them being able to pick up the JB4.
I also hear that. When I went to audi to have a look at the cars the salesman told me that I can get 1 cheaper privately but I must be careful coz of the same issue they can now detect if the car had a plug n play by reviewing passed data. if they see your boost and fuel pressure etc etc as passed a certain threshold and its not doing it today your warranty will be voided immediately... If it was over boosting in the passed and is still now then there's a issue but it can never overboost for a certain period of time and then just automatically stop without fixing anything (plug n play)... Not sure how true this statement is and I never follow up and do research on it coz I never ended up buying the car but it's just what I've been told. Not sure if he was scaring me or telling the truth. But I would look deeper into it...
On the downpipe u can get away with it at certain dealerships but not all... My cousin has a 7R with a few cosmetic upgrades likes rims, exhaust, and downpipe etc and he seems to get away with it but that's minor stuff that can be overlooked AT CERTAIN dealers he said his waiting for warranty to finish before he goes any further
Current :2008 S3 8P (panic mechanic +thanas) 227kw /309hp 473nm
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=217296

Ex :2008 mk5 gti ... really miss this car

Previous :too many to list
PoloRolo
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Model: Golf 7.5 R-Line

Post by PoloRolo »

+1 on the above.

It's dealer dependent and the relationship you have with your technician.