Ihry_B
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2013 Polo 6C GTI

2013 Polo GTI Major service

Post by Ihry_B »

Morning guys,

My 2013 Polo GTI is due for its 105 000km service, according to the dealers it will be my major service as I am still on 86 000km on the clock.

Is there anything else besides the usual Oil and air filter and sometimes pollen filter change?

I know most people talk about changing the Cambelt at 90 000km and I wanted to know if I must ask them to check or change anything else specific, as my car is almost paid off and I am wanting to keep her a for another year at least?

I did do all brake pads and front discs 6months ago privately.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Ihry_B
Regards
Ihry_B :cool:
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Re: 2013 Polo GTI Major service

Post by ICE King »

Morning

6C Gti uses a chain and not a belt , the chain usually gets replaced when it starts becoming noisy.

Oil and oil filter , Might need to do spark plugs if it's done 60k or is 3 years old , filters can be checked and replace is necessary

Perhaps a DSG service if it was not done already.
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
Preggz
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 7 months
Car Model: 06 Velociti & 13 6r PGti

Post by Preggz »

Hey Bud
So you doing you Annual service...I have the same model awesome cars.
It sound a bit right only thing is you replace chain not belt you will hear on a cold start in the mornings

FYI
Please make sure that you have an extend warranty in place because common faults are Mechatronics, Water Pump, Radiator & Clutch Packs
These cars also have a common piston failure (detonation) so make sure you check your Spark Plugs, Coil Packs, injectors.
Also if you have a Ping check you plugs on Cylinder 2 or all of them.
currently I am in a situation with HOLLARD(**NTS) fighting for them to pay my engine benefit claim.
Because the they don't pay on Detonation and my car is Stock.

Hope this helps you
LöW Ridër Velociti
JOMs FTW
Reflex Sliver Polo 6R GTI
HnR Springs
Dp
Forge Intake
SW (Dark Arts)
Ihry_B
Enlisted

Post by Ihry_B »

Hey guys,

Cool thank you for the info on the chain! I will be sure to tell VW to have a look at the chain when she is in for Major in NOV 2020.

So my 2 year extended warranty with Bidvest ended about a month ago, I decided to not extend with them again as most minor issues I had with regards to my car were not covered by their warranty , any suggestions on a better extended warranty company or should I just stay with them?

Sometimes as I pull off or when the revs are low I feel as if the clutch is slipping or thuddering, I was worried it was the clutch packs and I addressed this with VW twice, the Tech took it for a drive and they said that they will just reset it and it was back to normal but Yes I am interested in doing a DSG service, I will be around Vanderbijlpark in Oct, So I want to find a reliable place in Jhb or Pta to do the DSG service.

Regards
Ihry_B
Regards
Preggz
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 7 months
Car Model: 06 Velociti & 13 6r PGti

Post by Preggz »

I suggest that you take up a cover you don't want to be caught with your pants down.
Mechatronics is expensive to be replace...don't trust a VW Tech they themselves don't know half the stuff.
clutch shuddering could be clutch packs I have it on 1st to 2nd gear.
I can refer you to a buddy of mine that does DSG service.
LöW Ridër Velociti
JOMs FTW
Reflex Sliver Polo 6R GTI
HnR Springs
Dp
Forge Intake
SW (Dark Arts)
Ihry_B
Enlisted

Post by Ihry_B »

I am busy looking for a decent warranty now and I will take up the double cover option too , because I know how expensive the gear box or mechatronics can be. Yeah mine is the same- mostly 1st and 2nd gear M.

Cool, where are you from and where is your friend based that does the dsg service, also is he reputable because I cannot afford any mistakes as Im am sure you know.

Have you done a dsg service yourself?
Regards