Abs fault code clearing procedures ?

vtroubleume
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 10 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: VW Golf Plus 1.4 BUD 2007

Abs fault code clearing procedures ?

Post by vtroubleume »

Hi All , I hope you are well , I now have an Golf Plus, and I now live in England, sorry if discussed before but this car came up with abs lights traction and beeping flashing handbrake signal, scanned it and 0287 and 0290 came up , I changed the sensors cleared codes , but come back as sporadic signal, just want to know as I read on Ross tech that the car must be driving at 20kph to clear those codes? And must engine be on or off and coasting as when it’s on there is a comm error when engine is on car driving ? (Also I took the battery off and put it back on and the yellow steering and traction stays in permanently after that now and no codes come up for that except once a steering angle sensor ) any ideas? Faulty abs module?hub pick up? Wires have signals according to the multi meter..
Ex : Polo Vivo, Renault Clio 3 1.6, Renault Megane and Scenic 1.9dci, Renault Clio 3 1.4, Renault Clio 2 1.4, Peugeot 308, Mini Cooper R56 1.6, Polo Tdi 1.4, Jetta 5 2.0 Tsfi Sportline, Ford Focus 2.0a, Bmw 320d E46 f/l, Citi Golf Chico 1.6, Corsa 1.7d converted with Gsi 1.6 engine, BMW X5 3.0im, Bmw 328 E36,Opel Kadett Ts by Group N Opel team, Jetta Vr6, Bmw 316i E36, Astra 160ie, UNO Turbo by Rudi, Bmw 325i Turbo by Alpine, Golf Gti16v exec, Mazda 323 Egi, Bmw e30 318i f/l
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Abs fault code clearing procedures ?

Post by panic-mechanic »

Possibly a faulty wheel bearing. you can't scan abs while the car is driving as it will come up with the comms error. I'm quite sure that is an oversight on ross tech. So not moving, engine off, ignition on.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

The steering angle sensor is the fault that you see after removing the battery. You have to go full lock to lock on the steering wheel and then drive it and that will clear itself. Removing a battery to clear fualts is the biggest bull carp ever told by people specially on new cars. It creates way more fault code than fix anything. I wish that stupid story will just die.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
goomf
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months

Post by goomf »

Hi all, thanks for accepting me to the forum.
I have a 2010 Polo 1.6 TDi and had it at a locksmith with the sticky key issue, he removed the battery and steering wheel for more than an hour or so and now I have the traction control light come on whenever I turn the steering to the right.
I have read the fault code and it says "steering angle sensor", I reset the code but it just appears again afterwards.
The value for the angle when the wheels are straight is -360 degrees so i assume the sensor needs to be reset/calibrated, can you advise someone who can do this for me please.
I have tried the steering full turn left and right but this does not reset anything.
I am in Pretoria