Golf citie 2.0ADY dictator issue

Andrew Meyer
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 6 months

Golf citie 2.0ADY dictator issue

Post by Andrew Meyer »

Hi all, I’m another brand new oak to this forum
I’ve got a 2.0Ady motor with a 276 bullit cam in my golf citi, it’s been standing for around 8 months but before the long stand my car was running fairly alright one evening on the main road I went and slammed the car 1,2,3 once I hit 4th I was still flatting the pedal but suddenly the car just switched off totally. I’m running dictator std and from what I can remember all the lights on the dictator worked perfectly fine, when I tried swinging it the car just wouldn’t budge. After struggling to get the car home I inspected it and number 4 spark plug had a lot of oil around it almost like oil was pushed into number 4 spark plug and just splattered out. After the long stand I put new sparks in recently and tried swinging still wouldn’t budge
Then I noticed that the green light and yellow on dictator weren’t switching on at all but the red light seems to be on when I try swinging or when the Ignition is on. I got no idea what this could be but before I take it to the mechanic I’d like to get some feedback on what you guys think is happening? And what I could be advised on doing?
Sorry about the essay gents

Thanks ahead of time
Regards Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Golf citie 2.0ADY dictator issue

Post by Jetta2 »

Does the motor turn over when using the starter?
Or does it turn when you turn the crank pulley with a socket?
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
PoloB
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO 6S

Post by PoloB »

As far as I know green light is fuel orange is ignition if I am not mistaken and red is for power (battery) please anyone feel free to correct if I am wrong.

So it narrows down places to look for faults.

If you say you slammed (Drove like you stole it) Could be a earth wire or connection that came loose also indicating that the yellow/orange light no longer comes on. You say you try and start but it does not swing, does it sound like it wants to crank at all or is there not even spark?
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
17 Inch A-Line Spree wheels
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

Jetta2 wrote:Does the motor turn over when using the starter?
Or does it turn when you turn the crank pulley with a socket?
When I put ignition on and swing the car the starter is doing its thing but it’s seems there’s a problem with getting spark if you hear what I’m saying..

Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PoloB wrote:As far as I know green light is fuel orange is ignition if I am not mistaken and red is for power (battery) please anyone feel free to correct if I am wrong.

If you say you slammed (Drove like you stole it) Could be a earth wire or connection that came loose also indicating that the yellow/orange light no longer comes on. You say you try and start but it does not swing, does it sound like it wants to crank at all or is there not even spark?
Where would my earth wire be located poloB? The car does swing...it’s just seems like there no spark to get it started up, the lights on that dictator though has got me all over the placeImage

PoloB
Cadet

Post by PoloB »

Andrew Meyer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:18 pm
PoloB wrote:As far as I know green light is fuel orange is ignition if I am not mistaken and red is for power (battery) please anyone feel free to correct if I am wrong.

Where would my earth wire be located poloB? The car does swing...it’s just seems like there no spark to get it started up, the lights on that dictator though has got me all over the placeImage

Check all wires leading from Dictator Ecu and trace them and look for any loose wires or connectors in engine bay.

If its has a dictator in some wiring has changed from original so it can be anywhere.
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
PoloB
Cadet

Post by PoloB »

By what you are describing it sounds to me like a electrical/wiring problem
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

I’ve tried that, but I’ll go ahead and just have a thorough look again. You don’t perhaps know of anything else which could be the issue bro?

PoloB
Cadet

Post by PoloB »

Andrew Meyer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm I’ve tried that, but I’ll go ahead and just have a thorough look again. You don’t perhaps know of anything else which could be the issue bro?

Nope, but like I said by what you describe its sounds electrical related.

It also depends if the person who did the dictator on the car did the wiring correct so the colored lights represent the correct component it was meant to be wired up to.

I am sure someone on the group will be able to give more expert advise
Vw Polo 6 Sedan
Quantum Tunning Software
Eibach Springs
Smoked Tail lights
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PoloB wrote:By what you are describing it sounds to me like a electrical/wiring problem
That’s exactly what I’m thinking but there are so many electrical problems that it could be...but I feel like I’m gonna replace almost all electricals, tp100, coil, distributor rotor and cap? Or just the whole distributor itself...just don’t want to replace anything unnecessary though

Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PoloB wrote:
Andrew Meyer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm I’ve tried that, but I’ll go ahead and just have a thorough look again. You don’t perhaps know of anything else which could be the issue bro?

Nope, but like I said by what you describe its sounds electrical related.

It also depends if the person who did the dictator on the car did the wiring correct so the colored lights represent the correct component it was meant to be wired up to.

I am sure someone on the group will be able to give more expert advise
Okay thanks poloB do really appreciate what you have to say bud

PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

I would start by checking power and earth wiring and then check that the distributor hall sender is sending a trigger signal to the Dicktator ecu.

You are either not getting the signal trigger in to the ecu due to a blown hall sender in the distributor or bad wiring.

Another worrying factor is the oil on no 4 piston. Di a compression test to verify that you dud not blew the head gasket during your wild ride as the oil channel port is in the front between cylinder 3&4.
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PapaJo wrote:I would start by checking power and earth wiring and then check that the distributor hall sender is sending a trigger signal to the Dicktator ecu.

You are either not getting the signal trigger in to the ecu due to a blown hall sender in the distributor or bad wiring.

Another worrying factor is the oil on no 4 piston. Di a compression test to verify that you dud not blew the head gasket during your wild ride as the oil channel port is in the front between cylinder 3&4.
I need to get seals and gaskets replaced gonna have to do a big service before this cars off the hook. What do you mean by the distributor hall sender? What is it, where’s it located on the distributor? Sorry if it’s a silly question

PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Andrew Meyer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm
PapaJo wrote:I would start by checking power and earth wiring and then check that the distributor hall sender is sending a trigger signal to the Dicktator ecu.

I need to get seals and gaskets replaced gonna have to do a big service before this cars off the hook. What do you mean by the distributor hall sender? What is it, where’s it located on the distributor? Sorry if it’s a silly question

The hall sender sits inside the distributor and that supplies the trigger pulses to the ecu for ignition trigger to spark. No trigger input to ecu and you will never get the car to start due to no spark or fuel triggers out from ecu.
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PapaJo wrote:
Andrew Meyer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm

The hall sender sits inside the distributor and that supplies the trigger pulses to the ecu for ignition trigger to spark. No trigger input to ecu and you will never get the car to start due to no spark or fuel triggers out from ecu.
Okay thanks man appreciate the comment

Regards

PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Tell us in which area are you staying. Would help if we need to direct you to someone to assist with diagnosis.
Donavan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by Donavan »

Either the module or the coil, I would start with those two.

Have you check if there is any spark?
Audi A4 B8 2.0T - Daily
Audi A3 8L 2.0T 20V - Race Car - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=205201
EX: Mk 1 2 Door - 2L 16V Turbo
Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

PapaJo wrote:Tell us in which area are you staying. Would help if we need to direct you to someone to assist with diagnosis.
Yeah I’m staying in Mosselbay, I’ve had a guy Freddie work on the car don’t know if his known but no place here can help me with a tuneImage or not that I know of

Andrew Meyer
Enlisted

Post by Andrew Meyer »

Donavan wrote:Either the module or the coil, I would start with those two.

I haven’t really checked for spark but I’ve checked the coil and I’m getting just over 11v out of it, but I’m sure the spark could be sorted once I figure what’s going on with the dictator

PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Andrew Meyer wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am
Donavan wrote:Either the module or the coil, I would start with those two.

I haven’t really checked for spark but I’ve checked the coil and I’m getting just over 11v out of it, but I’m sure the spark could be sorted once I figure what’s going on with the dictator

The hall sensor in distributor sends its trigger signal as the input to dicktator. Without thus, you will not see the green and amber lights flashing on ecu when you swing the car to start.