Alley-C
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI Sportline

Polo Sportline Door Lock

Post by Alley-C »

Howsit Gents

Been having the dreaded door lock issue on my passenger door :twisted: fixed this on my previous Sportline by re-soldering any broken joints and cleaning the micro switch and decided to do the same on my current SL, pulled out the door lock soldered the joints cleaned the micro switch and then during installation I broke the plastic that holds the lock Pin :crazy: Plastic that broke is circled in Pic below:

Now the lock pin doesn't stay in place so going to have to get a replacement.

Anyone know if the 4 door passenger door lock is the same as the 2 door?

Where would be the best place to check for a replacement lock, 2 door Polos aren't easy to come by in the scrapyards :cry:
Current:
Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI Sportline

Ex:
E92 335i N54 6MT (Rennzport Tuned), Pre LCI E90 330D (RK Motion Tuned), 9n3 Polo 1.9TDI 96kw, Golf 1 Velociti (2L 8v fully worked), Corsa Utility 1.7DTI
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Polo Sportline Door Lock

Post by Ashveer03 »

These locks from vw are about R1200. All have different prices with the rhs locks being cheaper than the lhs. Lol

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Alley-C
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years
Car Model: Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Polo Sportline Door Lock

Post by Alley-C »

Ashveer03 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 am These locks from vw are about R1200. All have different prices with the rhs locks being cheaper than the lhs. Lol

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
I phoned VW for a replacement lock and its R3970.61 :crazy:
Current:
Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI Sportline

Ex:
E92 335i N54 6MT (Rennzport Tuned), Pre LCI E90 330D (RK Motion Tuned), 9n3 Polo 1.9TDI 96kw, Golf 1 Velociti (2L 8v fully worked), Corsa Utility 1.7DTI