Melvin Shale
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: VW MK5 GTi

VIN numbers.

Post by Melvin Shale »

Good afternoon guys,

Registered quite a while back but never really had anything to post about. Now i do :grin: so i purchased a 1 owner Jetta GLS MK1. basically a barn find. still has the old yellow Transvaal number plates, never been registered on the new enatis system. Now for my issue. the car has some rust which is repairable however, there is bad rust by the firewall where the VIN Number is stamped. It didnt have the plastic drip tray and the drain holes on either side blocked so water stood there. Now how do i replace that firewall since theres a chassis number on it? like is there any legal way to do it without the cops stopping me and impounding the car? I know guys cut out the firewall for the 'shaved bay' look but i dont want to do that, i want to replace that firewall. I also dont want AAPV numbers. Any advice will be much appreciated!
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: VIN numbers.

Post by panic-mechanic »

I recon the only way is to go speak to the police at the vehicle anti theft unit and find out what is the legal way and how you would even get it on enatis. I do suspect you are going to end up having other vin numbers stamped on it by the police.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.