2017 Polo 6C GTI DSG Problems, Need Help

Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Membership No: 3103

Re: 2017 Polo 6C GTI DSG Problems, Need Help

Post by Jet Li »

Congrats bro. Happy many miles :driving:

The adaptation thing also applies on manual boxes I think. Noticed clutch slipping in the first week of ownership and self corrected when I had to take it back to the dealership. Its been perfect ever since.

This 6C Gti pulls very strong I promise you, even my wife's 8P S3 is no longer entertaining. Enjoy :drool:
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Post by jaunrothner »

neil_fladderak wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:14 pm So got my car back yesterday and what do you know the clutch slipped immediately once i gave the car some throttle in 3rd gear outside the VW dealer :bang: , went back and they begged me to drive the car for 1000km's to get the DSG box to adapt so i agreed. Got back home while driving fairly chilled in sport mode with constant 3rd/5th gear clutch slip and got a massive clutch smell coming from the bottom of the car. Decided to take a decent drive from Plattekloof side through Parklands all the way to Melkbos and back to the n7 on the way home and mid way through the trip after just keeping the car in drive mode the clutches weren't slipping anymore :driving: :crazy: . Put the the car in sport mode on a straight and gave it the beans in 3rd and damn the car started picking up like a rocket straight away without any sign of slippage. Now theres no more clutch slip and the new DSG software is making the car feel like a totally different car :hurray: . Saw the Job card and saw they only replaced the sweating clutch seals.
Will VW update the DSG software for free for me or will I be charged for this as I do not think that I have the latest and greatest software installed?
neil_fladderak
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Model: Polo 6C 1.8 GTI DSG

Post by neil_fladderak »

jaunrothner wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm Will VW update the DSG software for free for me or will I be charged for this as I do not think that I have the latest and greatest software installed?
Honestly I am not sure about this, best thing is to go to your local VW Dealer and ask them what the procedure is and if it'll cost u anything, when they update the DSG software they have to do an adaptive drive etc. which can be charged as labour im guessing.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- 152kw 282nm on flywheel at Dynotech (runs were without below mention hardware)
- RoguePerformance 76mm Dp
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
'17 Polo 6C 1.2TSI Highline Manual WRC Inspired (Stage 1 Tuned, TWEEK CAI, Powerflow cat-back exhaust) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=212395&p=2569296#p2569296
'06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline (Stock)
'05 Corsa 1.6 Sport (Stock)
Silen23
Enlisted
Registered for: 1 year 1 month
Car Model: Polo Gti 6c

Post by Silen23 »

Hi Gentleman, i am experiencing the same issue in 2023 with my polo gti 6c dsg box ...can i find out if your dsg problems were rectified ? And how much do it cost