jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

DSG

Post by jaunrothner »

Hello All,

I recently got a 2016, Polo GTi with a DSG box and regularly like to "free" (taking my foot of the gas pedal for those who doesn't know :twisted: ) especially on downhills (when the opportunity presents itself) with the car still in driving mode (D).

Is this good or bad for these DSG boxes?
Wolf Mk2 16V
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Re: DSG

Post by Wolf Mk2 16V »

Can't think that that would be a problem, I would imagine VW covered that ability in the design hehe
2015 VW Golf Gti
1990 Golf GTi 16 Valve Executive
1987 Golf GTS
1993 Citi Golf Designa 1800
2015 VW Move Up!
jaunrothner
Cadet

Post by jaunrothner »

Wolf Mk2 16V wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:27 am Can't think that that would be a problem, I would imagine VW covered that ability in the design hehe
I had to ask as I have been reading a few posts of people complaining about these DSG boxes :lol:
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Post by Belix »

The manual mentions this is the way the fuel cut-off valve works. So you'll use less fuel that way than putting it into neutral. Hense can't imagine it damaging the box
jaunrothner
Cadet

Post by jaunrothner »

Belix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:33 am The manual mentions this is the way the fuel cut-off valve works. So you'll use less fuel that way than putting it into neutral. Hense can't imagine it damaging the box
Thanks, Do you know of any VCDS coding can be applied to these Polo's?
Wolf Mk2 16V
Cadet

Post by Wolf Mk2 16V »

My car is at 118 000km, it is still fine, but it is as if you are more aware of little judders, and "different" behaviors (maybe just paranoia because my ass has spent so many k's in the driver's seat and knows it so well :lol: ) but I'm sure when the box is serviced at 120 she will be cool again. I think that is quite commendable considering the type of car and what it has to deal with.
2015 VW Golf Gti
1990 Golf GTi 16 Valve Executive
1987 Golf GTS
1993 Citi Golf Designa 1800
2015 VW Move Up!
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Post by Belix »

jaunrothner wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 am Thanks, Do you know of any VCDS coding can be applied to these Polo's?
not specifically for a polo, but there are bunches of tweak guides on the net. - https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=62548
jaunrothner
Cadet

Post by jaunrothner »

Wolf Mk2 16V wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 am My car is at 118 000km, it is still fine, but it is as if you are more aware of little judders, and "different" behaviors (maybe just paranoia because my ass has spent so many k's in the driver's seat and knows it so well :lol: ) but I'm sure when the box is serviced at 120 she will be cool again. I think that is quite commendable considering the type of car and what it has to deal with.
Thanks, I am feeling a little bit better now :roll:
jaunrothner
Cadet

Post by jaunrothner »

Belix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 am
jaunrothner wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 am Thanks, Do you know of any VCDS coding can be applied to these Polo's?
not specifically for a polo, but there are bunches of tweak guides on the net. - https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=62548
Thanks
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

Wolf Mk2 16V wrote:My car is at 118 000km, it is still fine, but it is as if you are more aware of little judders, and "different" behaviors (maybe just paranoia because my ass has spent so many k's in the driver's seat and knows it so well Image ) but I'm sure when the box is serviced at 120 she will be cool again. I think that is quite commendable considering the type of car and what it has to deal with.
These polo boxes don't have a service in the schedule

Sent from my CPH1717 using Tapatalk

Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

you can coast against the throttle no issue. Once it's running a dsg is just like any normal gearbox.
DQ200 ie. the dry clutch boxes does not need an oil change like the dq250 wet clutch.
On the dq200 the mechatronics has it's own enclosure with oil in and does not share it with the gear section and the clutches sits outside of the box so does not contaminate the oil. So for them it's basically like any old manual gearbox.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.