GOLF VII 1.4 TSI OIL CONSUMPTION

JacoBoshoff
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

GOLF VII 1.4 TSI OIL CONSUMPTION

Post by JacoBoshoff »

Hi everyone,

I just have a question and also wondering if there are more people out there in South Africa with the same issue as me.

My 2013 GOLF VII 1.4 TSI is using quite a lot of oil. So I took it for an oil consumption test that cost me R2300 only for them to tell it is in spec with 0.38L/1000KM. I know this is their standards, but it doesn't seem right to me?

Afterwards I did my own research and it wasn't good. I read some horror stories with other people experiencing the same problem that had to spend a lot of money due this problem.. Is there anyone here that can give me advise or who is struggling with the same problem? Why is VW SA not doing anything about this if it is a common problem and also why do they charge that much for an basic oil consumption test?

All seems a bit ridiculous to me. :crazy:

Thank you very much and looking forward to the feedback
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Re: GOLF VII 1.4 TSI OIL CONSUMPTION

Post by ICE King »

Hi Jaco and Welcome!

See LinK: https://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=207370

Has been discussed at length.

VW will never take responsibility, If they do it for one, they need to do it for all and there's lots of 1.4 TSI's around.
Re: Cost , It's basically labor and oil and VW will never cover it , if they did they would be admitting to the issue.
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
JacoBoshoff
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: GOLF VII 1.4 TSI OIL CONSUMPTION

Post by JacoBoshoff »

Thank you very much :)