Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Puff of smoke on wot

Post by sbu.mah »

Car: 2013 MK7 1.4 TSI Highline
Mileage: 174823
Mods: downpipe (powerflow - since 2014)
Issues: blown turbo in 2015 (around 76000 km)

Hi guys hope you will be able to point me to someone who can help me, last night on N1, I noticed that the car emit a puffof smoke on heavy acceleration, nothing when going easy on the throttle.

I did couple of spirited runs just to see if I was not being paranoid and yes theres definitely smoke coming out of exhaust on hard acceleration. The only thing that has been an issue and none of the car service centre have managed to find the cause is a whining noise when pressing the acceleration, more noticeable on low RPM, this has been going for 2 years now.

Ive scan the car and I get error codes P2271: 02 sensor signal stuck rich bank and P0141 02 sensor heater circuit. And also get the CEL

Car drives normal, accelates well, fuel consuption and oil - no issues. Check coolant level, still on max.

Took the car to VW, bosch and car service centre - no help, except having to pay for them to only tell me they cannot find anything. Last year I also took the car to turbodirect and despite the whining noise was told that theres nothing wrong with the turbo

My apologies for long story, I just need to make that theres nothing catastrophic on the way

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP