Gummi
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk4 Jetta V5 AGZ

deciding on a diagnostic tool

Post by Gummi »

Hey guys

Regarding diagnostic tools for home use, what would be a suitable one for a 2000 model Jetta V 2.3 AGZ? I see one on Gumtree for like R499, but unsure if it would work. What I would like to do is check error codes and clear them etc. Maybe, just maybe if I can, play aroudn with the settings. Thats a bonus not a neccesity.

This is the link to the add on Gums

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-car-accesso ... 0070868709

And this is the cable that the guy sells, its a KKL OBD2 USB Cable Scanner Diagnostic Tool for Audi VW SEAT.

Cheers
Gummi
Cadet

Re: deciding on a diagnostic tool

Post by Gummi »

Hi Guys

:-)
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by mellos »

Gummi wrote:Hi Guys

:-)
Hi diagnostic tools have been discussed on these forums before, type diagnostic tools in the search function and you will see all the discussions that were had about this,I myself was interested in buying the obdeleven that was advertised on takealot,problem is the app that is needed for you to operate it is no longer available in SA.Look through that advert on Gumtree properly and see if it is compatible with your car, sometimes these devices work but with limited capabilities like reading and clearing faults, the Vagcom is the one to get but the cable is very expensive.Let us know if you decide to buy this device on guntree and try it out for curiosity sake.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Gummi
Cadet

Post by Gummi »

Hi Mellos

Just been chatting with the seller and he sasy its compatible. I also saw that with the free software your are a bit limited. I will look into it and let you guys know. Takealot seems to have quite a bit of stuff that is obd2 complient. I just dnt know what my car needs.
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by mellos »

Ok cool.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

For a vag, i would choose vcds. It has everything u need and easy to use.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Gummi
Cadet

Post by Gummi »

Thanx man. Will look into it.