2014 polo vivo maxx 1.6 speedo problem

RIAZK786
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

2014 polo vivo maxx 1.6 speedo problem

Post by RIAZK786 »

Hi guys
im new to this forum, needed a little advice , i bought a 2014 polo vivo max 1.6 at an auction , the vehicle was previously stolen and recovered and had the computerbox ,cluster and factory 17" wheels stolen , got a 2nd hand cluster and computerbox with 15inch wheels fitted , car starts up perfectly and runs great but the speedo remains at 0 and the fuel gauge buzzer comes on and off while driving with the needle bouncing back and forth...below i have listed what we have tried to do:
-speed sensors all function well no faults on abs ..no lights on the dash on,
-changed abs module ..no change
-change computer box ..no change
-changed body control module ..no change
-changed complete wheel bearing with housing no change
been to a few people with no luck , had a guy look at the car today and he says that there is no speed reading going to the cluster , convenience module, body control module and steering sensors(which apparently needs to see the speed aswel) , he says that there is possibly a software issue as the wiring is all fine (he tested it), he also says that it may be the can bus network that may be corupt aswel, i have spent around 10k to try and resolve this issue with no luck ,i would appreciate any help/info/advice as to what the problem might be or if someone can point me in the direction of someone who maybe be able to help me.thanking you in advance.