MikesDub1984
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2.0l 8valve Citi

Possible Solutions and help.

Post by MikesDub1984 »

Hi Guys,

So I have posted a few topics throughout the years but so far I haven't been able to find anything on the following primary topic. The rest are just quick questions to find out where I can get some electronic parts. I have a Golf 1 that has been converted from a 1.3 carb to 2ltr FI. The fuel tank has always been a problem with various issues that I have addressed as they became intolerable. Currently I have a low pressure pump feeding a surge tank, returning into the fuel tank. From the surge tank I have a high pressure pump feeding the 8mm hardline and fuel rail returning to the surge tank. The set up works great, however the very annoying krrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound of the low pressure pump has no become unbearable. I want a quiet system. I know I have two options, FI tank or Intank fuel pump conversion.

1. Where can I get a FI tank for a golf 1 at a reasonable price as the blokes on gumtree and junkmail are redicilous with their prices. Yes OLX too.

OR

2. Who has done an intank fuel pump conversion? What was the difficulty level involved and what was the part numbers used. Also what did the whole conversion cost you?

The rest of these are more secondary things I'd like to sort out, not that they aren't working but because I am OCD and want genuine sensors.

Where can I find the following genuine sensors, preferably secondhand and at a reasonable prices. If I cant get them second hand an auto electrical place that sells new ones at reasonable price will also do. And no I dont want to buy from dealerships as they are jags with their prices.

.1 Bosch TPS Sensor (To fit 2E Throttle body)
.2 Blue Bosch 2 pin temp sensor.
.3 Bosch brass air temp sensor.
.4 3Pin Bosch Magnetic crank sensor. (The 2E doesnt have internal crank sensor and I had to build my own bracket and crank wheel) If you know of any complete kits with 60-2 crank wheel and sensor with brackets please feel free to give me the name, price and where you bought it from. My current solution works fine but I'd like to get something a bit more commercially produced)
.5 Bosch 5pin Wideband Lambda sensor. This is about the only thing that isnt currently working as my gearbox grenaded and it caught a piece of schrapnel.

The whole purpose of replacing all this with genuine sensors is that I want to send the car for a remap but not before getting all the sensors replaced with properly branded and calibrated Bosch sensors.

Any advice or referrals will be highly appreciated.

Mike
-=sT3V3=-
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: ShitiGolf + CRX
Car Model: 92' ADY + 91' B20Vtec

Re: Possible Solutions and help.

Post by -=sT3V3=- »

Can i assume you have a carb tank?

in tank FTW - corsa b intank fuel pump is around R600 @ goldwagen
Eddy Makara
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 7 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: 1.4tsi touran

Re: Possible Solutions and help.

Post by Eddy Makara »

MikesDub1984 wrote:Hi Guys,

So I have posted a few topics throughout the years but so far I haven't been able to find anything on the following primary topic. The rest are just quick questions to find out where I can get some electronic parts. I have a Golf 1 that has been converted from a 1.3 carb to 2ltr FI. The fuel tank has always been a problem with various issues that I have addressed as they became intolerable. Currently I have a low pressure pump feeding a surge tank, returning into the fuel tank. From the surge tank I have a high pressure pump feeding the 8mm hardline and fuel rail returning to the surge tank. The set up works great, however the very annoying krrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound of the low pressure pump has no become unbearable. I want a quiet system. I know I have two options, FI tank or Intank fuel pump conversion.

1. Where can I get a FI tank for a golf 1 at a reasonable price as the blokes on gumtree and junkmail are redicilous with their prices. Yes OLX too.

OR

2. Who has done an intank fuel pump conversion? What was the difficulty level involved and what was the part numbers used. Also what did the whole conversion cost you?

The rest of these are more secondary things I'd like to sort out, not that they aren't working but because I am OCD and want genuine sensors.

Where can I find the following genuine sensors, preferably secondhand and at a reasonable prices. If I cant get them second hand an auto electrical place that sells new ones at reasonable price will also do. And no I dont want to buy from dealerships as they are jags with their prices.

.1 Bosch TPS Sensor (To fit 2E Throttle body)
.2 Blue Bosch 2 pin temp sensor.
.3 Bosch brass air temp sensor.
.4 3Pin Bosch Magnetic crank sensor. (The 2E doesnt have internal crank sensor and I had to build my own bracket and crank wheel) If you know of any complete kits with 60-2 crank wheel and sensor with brackets please feel free to give me the name, price and where you bought it from. My current solution works fine but I'd like to get something a bit more commercially produced)
.5 Bosch 5pin Wideband Lambda sensor. This is about the only thing that isnt currently working as my gearbox grenaded and it caught a piece of schrapnel.

The whole purpose of replacing all this with genuine sensors is that I want to send the car for a remap but not before getting all the sensors replaced with properly branded and calibrated Bosch sensors.

Any advice or referrals will be highly appreciated.

Mike
Since most of the sensors you mentioned are bosch best option would be buying them From diesel electric in springs

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk