OBDEleven - local suppliers

sbu.mah
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTI

Re: OBDEleven - local suppliers

Post by sbu.mah »

panic-mechanic wrote:I can't give an opinion. have never used one or seen one being used.
I looked at it briefly once - then learnt that to do certain things you need to buy or earn credits which I thought sounds like a pain in the behind so never looked at it any further. I use vcds and have a full open version so really don't actually investigate others.
Actually not a pain at all, the credit thing is more design for those who dont wanna (dont know) go the long coding route. So it offers the option of just clicking on the list of pre-programmed funtion, thats were the credits apply

But it has the same functionalities as vcds, same entries

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by mellos »

Thanks panic.
Gti3
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by Gti3 »

So it appears that the OBDEleven will not be sold to South Africa any longer i.e. new customers cant get them, however people who have already purchased will continue to work. See below from the Voltas site:

https://voltas-it.helpshift.com/a/obdel ... &p=android

Explains why I could not find the app on the appstore.
2020 MK7.5 GTi DSG
2012 AMAROK BiTDi HIGHLINE 4MOTION 6MT

EX:2013 MK7 TDi HIGHLINE DSG
EX:2010 MK6 GTI 6MT
EX:2006 Ibiza Cupra TDi
EX:1993 Golf 3 Gti
EX:1970 Beetle 1600 Twinport
sbu.mah
Cadet

Post by sbu.mah »

Damn i should have stocked them in buckets and be the only supplier

Try carista its also as good as OBDeleven and you can use any OBD2 dongle as long as its not fake.

Ive tested it using Viecar devicefq

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

That is pretty short sighted.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Gti3
Cadet

Post by Gti3 »

sbu.mah wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:51 pm Damn i should have stocked them in buckets and be the only supplier ImageImage

Try carista its also as good as OBDeleven and you can use any OBD2 dongle as long as its not fake.

Ive tested it using Viecar devicefq

thanks will take a look
2020 MK7.5 GTi DSG

mellos
Cadet

Post by mellos »

Gti3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 pm So it appears that the OBDEleven will not be sold to South Africa any longer i.e. new customers cant get them, however people who have already purchased will continue to work. See below from the Voltas site:

I see takealot is still advertising the obdeleven device so what gives there,If I order it and they manage to supply me with the device does it mean that I cannot use it even though I have managed to download the app before they disabled you from downloading it.
Just need some clarity on this guys,anyone?
Gti3
Cadet

Post by Gti3 »

mellos wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 pm
Gti3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 pm So it appears that the OBDEleven will not be sold to South Africa any longer i.e. new customers cant get them, however people who have already purchased will continue to work. See below from the Voltas site:

I see takealot is still advertising the obdeleven device so what gives there,If I order it and they manage to supply me with the device does it mean that I cannot use it even though I have managed to download the app before they disabled you from downloading it.
Not sure dude, take a chance and let us know :-)
2020 MK7.5 GTi DSG

mellos
Cadet

Post by mellos »

I would rather not take a chance and have a device that will just end up a dust collector, this Caritas does not give SA as a country of origin it just gives other, which then renders the data not available so no luck there, most other devices say the car must be obd2 compliant.
B1G_WH1T3
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years
Car Model: Golf MK7.5 GTI

Post by B1G_WH1T3 »

Gti3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 pm
mellos wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 pm

Not sure dude, take a chance and let us know :-)
Since you can't get the app on the normal app store, either google search the apk or use the link below, this allows you to install it at least and use it without a region lock.

Also keep us updated if you bought it

https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.voltasit.obdeleven/
2018 mk7.5 GTI
Revo stage 3 ECU
Revo Stage 2 TCU
Rogue DP, custom 77mm exhaust
Full VWR intake (inlet,pipe, Turbo muffler delete)
GFB DV+
Full competition intercooler (inc boost/charge pipes)
Cool boost Stage 2 WMI 50/50 mix
petrosadonay
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by petrosadonay »

for security reason, you should use apknite downloader because It helps to generate a direct link from Google Play store
sbu.mah
Cadet

Post by sbu.mah »

You can now download the app on Google play. VW has given Obdeleven a green light

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
V-Wagon
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by V-Wagon »

Guys, is it true that plugging in an OBDeleven dongle immediately voids your warranty?
I was going to order one of these OBD devices and a friend strongly advised against it as he said you will lose your manufacturers warranty

Please let me know as I don't want to lose mine
sbu.mah
Cadet

Post by sbu.mah »

V-Wagon wrote:Guys, is it true that plugging in an OBDeleven dongle immediately voids your warranty?
I was going to order one of these OBD devices and a friend strongly advised against it as he said you will lose your manufacturers warranty

Nah did he explain how

That's like saying plugging any other scan/diagnosis tool voids warranty

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
V-Wagon
Cadet

Post by V-Wagon »

No, he didn't explain how, but he said if I take my car for a service, and they plug in their diagnostics tool, they will be able to see that someone has "fiddled" with the OEM settings.

Say for example, you have altered the Dynamic Indicator patterns or changed the Throttle responsiveness etc, they can see in the report that things have been changed.

I know its sounds like nonsense, and I really want to get an OBD eleven but I would hate a dealer to blame any potential future warranty claims on me having fiddled with settings I am not allowed to as per their T&C's....

Anyone here got one?
Are they worth the money?

sbu.mah wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:23 am
V-Wagon wrote:Guys, is it true that plugging in an OBDeleven dongle immediately voids your warranty?

Nah did he explain how

sbu.mah
Cadet

Post by sbu.mah »

V-Wagon wrote:No, he didn't explain how, but he said if I take my car for a service, and they plug in their diagnostics tool, they will be able to see that someone has "fiddled" with the OEM settings.

Say for example, you have altered the Dynamic Indicator patterns or changed the Throttle responsiveness etc, they can see in the report that things have been changed.

I know its sounds like nonsense, and I really want to get an OBD eleven but I would hate a dealer to blame any potential future warranty claims on me having fiddled with settings I am not allowed to as per their T&C's....

Anyone here got one?

Nah did he explain how

Been using the Obdeleven and Carista since 2014, in my opinion it's worth having either one of those

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
V-Wagon
Cadet

Post by V-Wagon »

Okay cool, thanks so much
Appreciate the feedback.

sbu.mah wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:18 am
V-Wagon wrote:No, he didn't explain how, but he said if I take my car for a service, and they plug in their diagnostics tool, they will be able to see that someone has "fiddled" with the OEM settings.

Anyone here got one?

Nah did he explain how

Been using the Obdeleven and Carista since 2014, in my opinion it's worth having either one of those

OettingerTDi
Lieutenant
Registered for: 19 years 4 months
Car Model: Touareg / Caddy / Polo / Citi
Membership No: missing

Post by OettingerTDi »

V-Wagon wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:15 am Guys, is it true that plugging in an OBDeleven dongle immediately voids your warranty?

The best way to find out if it will or will not void your warranty, is to pop by your servicing dealer and find out what their views are. I would suggest that you try to chat to the service manager, as between the technicians and service advisers, you might get differing opinions.

Remember, you have a NO at the moment, but it could be a YES. As long as you are not modifying the car, the warranty should be OK. What you are proposing to do with the OBD 11 appears to be "convenience settings".
Anton van Graan

Current:
2009 Touareg 3.6 VR6
2007 Caddy Life 1.9 TDi
2004 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
2000 Jetta 4 TDi
1997 Chico 1.3

Previous:
2003 Audi S4
1999 Uno Turbo
1998 Jetta 3 CLX (Taken by a friendly chap called Jack)
1993 Uno Turbo
1988 Ford Laser 1600i Sport
V-Wagon
Cadet

Post by V-Wagon »

Thank you, I will do that, was even thinking of NOT arousing any suspicion with MY dealer and rather try a random one and ask the Technicians, as guaranteed if I ask the Sales Person it will be a no.

I was just hoping to change like you said "convenience settings", stuff like turning off that annoying alarm sound when you open your door and the engine is running, or changing LED patterns, and changing the welcome screen on the media player, or changing the image of the car displayed from a generic silver one to the actual colour of your car.

You can also turn off "start stop" for fuel economy permanently as I really find that annoying, although it saves fuel.

There's a reverse mirror dip which is quite cool when reversing, and high intensity brake lights.
You can activate "needle sweep" on start up, which is quite cool or change when the fuel warning light comes on, turn off seatbelt warning alarms, etc.

I won't be changing anything to do with performance or engine stuff.

OettingerTDi wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 pm
V-Wagon wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:15 am Guys, is it true that plugging in an OBDeleven dongle immediately voids your warranty?

The best way to find out if it will or will not void your warranty, is to pop by your servicing dealer and find out what their views are. I would suggest that you try to chat to the service manager, as between the technicians and service advisers, you might get differing opinions.

Remember, you have a NO at the moment, but it could be a YES. As long as you are not modifying the car, the warranty should be OK. What you are proposing to do with the OBD 11 appears to be "convenience settings".
OettingerTDi
Lieutenant
Registered for: 19 years 4 months
Car Model: Touareg / Caddy / Polo / Citi

Post by OettingerTDi »

I hear you, probably a better idea to probe a dealer or two. You'll get a feeling if it will be frowned upon or not.

The manufacturers are so finnicky these days, that you just don't want to risk losing your warranty.
Anton van Graan

Current:
2009 Touareg 3.6 VR6
2007 Caddy Life 1.9 TDi
2004 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
2000 Jetta 4 TDi
1997 Chico 1.3

Previous:
2003 Audi S4
1999 Uno Turbo
1998 Jetta 3 CLX (Taken by a friendly chap called Jack)
1993 Uno Turbo
1988 Ford Laser 1600i Sport
amstel18
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Car Model: Tiguan Allspace

Post by amstel18 »

Any updates on this? Also considering ordering myself an OBDEleven dongle.

Don't need full VCDS functionality, but this will be cool for the price
Current:
2022 GWM P-Series LT 4x4
Ex:
2018 VW Tiguan Allspace
2013 Audi A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
2015 Pure White 1.2tsi Comfortline
2011 2L BiTdi ROK D/C Highline
2006 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
91 Caddy, ADY motor on mp9, wildcat 4-1 branch and 50mm Evolution s/s exhaust
96 1600 Chico (sold)
DJ7
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Model: MK5 2.0 TDI DSG
Membership No: 3238

Post by DJ7 »

amstel18 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 am Any updates on this? Also considering ordering myself an OBDEleven dongle.

Don't need full VCDS functionality, but this will be cool for the price
App is available on playstore and I see Loot stock the device. Also considering getting me one.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline (hers)
Current: '97 VW Jetta VR6 (his)
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny (project)
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI 16v
'96 Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E 16v
Tjoppieshn
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Post by Tjoppieshn »

Good day. Were in SA can i get a OBDELEVEN i have ordered one from Electromart but after 4 weeks they tell me that the unit they have is faulty. Thanks
sbu.mah
Cadet

Post by sbu.mah »

Tjoppieshn wrote:Good day. Were in SA can i get a OBDELEVEN i have ordered one from Electromart but after 4 weeks they tell me that the unit they have is faulty. Thanks
Try takealot, it's going for R1499. Damn to think I bought this for R499 with pro version in 2014

MK7 GTI
Revo Tuned
Revo Intake
Roque Performance DP
DJ7
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Model: MK5 2.0 TDI DSG
Membership No: 3238

Post by DJ7 »

sbu.mah wrote:
Tjoppieshn wrote:Good day. Were in SA can i get a OBDELEVEN i have ordered one from Electromart but after 4 weeks they tell me that the unit they have is faulty. Thanks
Try takealot, it's going for R1499. Damn to think I bought this for R499 with pro version in 2014

I checked on takealot, couldn't find it, found it on Loot for R1399, ordered and waiting for delivery when the restrictions ease up.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline (hers)
Current: '97 VW Jetta VR6 (his)
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny (project)
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI 16v
'96 Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E 16v