How do I update the firmware of the RNS510

eugenevisser
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

How do I update the firmware of the RNS510

Post by eugenevisser »

Hi All

I just got my 2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI Sport-Style 4Motion yesterday, I want to know where I can get the latest firmware and maps for the RNS510, I was at VW and for some reason no one could help me, the unit is giving ma an SD Card error and I was told the Firmware update will fix this.

Please if there is someone that can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Thank You
Eugene
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Re: How do I update the firmware of the RNS510

Post by Belix »

What firmware does the unit have?
You can grab the firmware off the net, burn on a slow speed (try a cd first, dvd second). Then you just insert it and follow the prompts.
Note that there is a chance of bricking the unit every time you update the firmware...

What version of maps do you have? Maps are bit more of a challenge. You can of course buy them from VW.
The older maps someone can likely help. I have maps from about 3 years back. Not found anyone that has a more recent copy.
eugenevisser
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Re: How do I update the firmware of the RNS510

Post by eugenevisser »

Hi

Im not sure what version I have on now, I am unable to get to the hidden menu to check, I have to get someone to enable it for me, the maps in the unit is most probably from 2010 when the unit was installed, I would appreciate it if I could get a copy of the later version of the maps, I am in Cape Town, u can send a link where I can get it from u, u can send it via wetransfer it allows u to send a file up to 2gb at a time. If u don't mind