NeelsSanders
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf MK2

Golf mk2 interior swaps

Post by NeelsSanders »

Hi guys

So today ive came across a page where there was a golf mk2 with a full out golf mk6 gti interior convention in it. I've been thinking about doing an interior swap on my mk2 but wasn't sure where to start. So I've started searching some kind of guide or more info about going to do a mk6 interior swap and also looked at some other types on inventions.

So let's say I decide to do a mk6 interior (dash, centre console, clusters, door panels, etc.). Is there anybody out there that may have done does or know of someone who did. I need more info about the fitment, wiring, which things I'd have to sealed, etc. Any info would be appreciated. Especially on what kind of trimmings and cuts I'd have to do on the dash and door panels. Would I have to replace the wiring harness and ventilation fan, box and vents with the one from the mk6. Also would I have to replace steering column and dash bracket. All that kind of info. The more info I can get and the more specific the better.

I also thought about the mk7 interior. Should this be completely impossible or is the a possibility that this swap may also work

Thanks guys
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Re: Golf mk2 interior swaps

Post by Belix »

Anything is possible with enough time and money. mk6 and mk7 dash is quite a bit wider than a mk2 so will need to be cut down.
It's not something to get into lightly.
Probably what you saw before, but here's some inspiration - dash looks more mk5 to me, but anyway.
http://www.vdubnews.com/golf-6-conversion-to-a-golf-mk2
175SBU
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi

Re: Golf mk2 interior swaps

Post by 175SBU »

This MK5/6 conversation looks way better than doing the Velo conversation on a MKII, for some reason the Velo or Polo dash conversation does not look right on the eye Image this one looks sweet but is requires time, patience and a few choice words 🤬

It’s doable, everything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk