herco
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: B8.5 S4

Suspension Help Needed. Big f-up!

Post by herco »

Hey guys,

I sent my '07 Polo for new shocks on Saturday. After about 4 hours of work the shop realised they are fitting Vivo suspension. They then removed the front shocks again and fitted the correct shocks and replaced the stabiliser arms.

Before alignment, they drove the car to check if there are no strange noises and everything is all right... Turns out there is clicking noise coming from the front right 'inner cv' when driving slowly.

Driving the car home Saturday afternoon the problem seemed MUCH worse than a inner cv. There is a loud noise coming from the wheel and you can feel rough vibrations through the pedals and steering wheel. The faster you drive the worse it becomes, the whole car is shaking when you reach around 70km/h. After stopping you can smell something is wearing out close to the wheel...

The shop's opinion is that the worn suspension and stabaliser arms were hiding the problem, and now that the suspension is replaced and working this problem surfaced. I am struggling to understand how the difference can be so big? From no noises whatsoever, to a car that is not drivable.

Any opinions/thoughts? :sad:
Current: Audi B8.5 S4 :cool: + V4 Multistrada + KTM 300 tpi

Memorable Ex's:
'16 BMW S1000R -> One of the best bikes out there.
'17 Ducati 1299. An actual beast!
Molten Orange Fiesta ST
E90 320d MSPORT I should've kept this one ///M
'95 Opel Astra tS
'99 Opel 200IS Euro :'(
Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing

Re: Suspension Help Needed. Big f-up!

Post by Supervan II »

Something has been damaged/not fastened properly.
herco
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 2 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: B8.5 S4

Re: Suspension Help Needed. Big f-up!

Post by herco »

Supervan II wrote:Something has been damaged/not fastened properly.
They double checked their work today, and confirmed with me everything is fastened properly and they see no faults. They are getting their 'independent RMI' agent to come investigate and provide a report on the problem...

If he/she is sure it is the inner CV, I will cover the cost of the new cv @ R240.00 and we will see if we can come to an arrangement over the labour required and alignment afterwards. The cost of the new CV is negligible in comparison to the cost of the suspension/stabilisers.

My concern is whats next if the CV is replaced and the problem persists...
Current: Audi B8.5 S4 :cool: + V4 Multistrada + KTM 300 tpi

Memorable Ex's:
'16 BMW S1000R -> One of the best bikes out there.
'17 Ducati 1299. An actual beast!
Molten Orange Fiesta ST
E90 320d MSPORT I should've kept this one ///M
'95 Opel Astra tS
'99 Opel 200IS Euro :'(